Energizer Rechargeable Light on Demand

We may not know the exact but we do know they lost profit.

I suspect the programmer(s) (or whomever was responsible for posting the new deal) was dipping into the spiked Eggnog a little early last night instead of waiting for the Turkey dinner!

Not in the scenario I outlined above. If the lights they would have to ship now were meant to be BОC stuffers for the future offering, it wouldn’t cost them extra profit, provided they would not replace them with different items, but just ship slightly lighter BOCs…

If they did intend to sell every single one of their stock for profit - then yes. But again, how much depends on too many factors we don’t know…

Chances are the BOC is the buffer in case mistakes like this are made, either way it was not meant to be made. and if it was for the BOC then chances are that may be 166 less BOC’s they are able to sell because of it. Now or later it loses profit.

I have a feeling that actual profit from selling BOСs is in the red, as most of them get items of more value than we pay for. It’s a great marketing and promotional tool - keeping thousands of people at the edge of their chairs during wootoffs and perhaps buying things they wouldn’t have bought otherwise, and of course spreading the world about the wealth some get for $8 is priceless for Woot!

So in the case my story is true - nothing is lost in direct cash, except maybe some BOС receivers who would have been more satisfied with their craps had they gotten these.

But with all that in mind, let me repeat - the scenario I put out is 100% hypothetical, to show that there is a possibility of no profit loss. Just like the other scenarios that were mentioned here.

Maybe Woot will look at it as a small loss (inventory loss only), maybe they’ll look at it as bigger loss (potential sales), maybe they’ll look at it as no loss at all (BOС case), or maybe… heck… maybe they’ll look at it as a potential non-tangible PROFIT, such as being a marketing move that will spread rumors and will glue more people to their screens at the midnight CST, just to look for another great deal like that… And more people visiting the site may mean more sales in the future - at profit.

Again - the keyword is MAYBE. We don’t know.

Dude, under my other account I have over 100 purchases, but does that really matter? Sheeze.

lol, well if the boss of those programmers is anything like my boss, it won’t matter, their gonna get chewed out either way. XD

This is one point I’m going to completely agree upon! Although I truly hope Woot’s bosses are just like the rest about this company - are far more open-minded than that!

P.S. This is, by the way, by far not the darkest day in Woot history of messes up. I remember a couple of years ago they were selling Roombas and accidentally double-shipped about 1000 orders… Now, that was a big one! They were asking people to either return or “adopt” the second roombas at steep discount, but as far as I know did nothing about those who ignored the pledges and kept both for the price of one…

Um… what the hell?

At about 10:15pm I was ordering this sellout.woot and clicked ‘buy three’ cuz I figured it was a real swell deal. The kind of deal Woot USED TO offer back in the day before their successful heads and their wallets got so fat.

I got to the payment page, hit the unnecessarily large ‘BUY IT’ button, and it didn’t go thru. I went back to the home page and the home page said ‘SOLD OUT’.

I figured, “Yeah. Darn right it sold out in 15 minutes. All three of those for $9.99… stupid gas tank I had to go fill made me miss it. ARGH!”

Now, I just come back to the site to read the comments because it sold out so fast and I figure the comments should be good, and 'LO AND BEHOLD! NUMEROUS people scored all three items for $9.99 … but now it’s no longer sold out, and you just get ONE for $9.99.

So, NUMEROUS people get all three for $9.99 but now everyone else, allll the rest of us now that it is suddenly no longer sold out, gets to pick ONE for $9.99 APIECE if we want em.

Fudge on that Woot!

It was always supposed to be $9.99 EACH…YOUR CHOICE as it says in the picture. But someone made a mistake and didn’t give the choice button at checkout, so those ordering before Woot caught the mistake lucked out because Woot is honoring those sales (which most other companies wouldn’t have)!

I missed out on them at that price, too (would have liked to get all 3 at the price I just paid for the desk lamp) but that isn’t Woot’s fault. I am sad I missed it but to blame Woot when they were so generous is ridiculous!

Let’s focus on the product not the pricing problem. The one review on Amazon is bad for the desktop lamp. They say that it can’t “keep it head up”. The tension screw doesn’t work well. But the other two get good reviews.

I was interested in buying the desklamp and was pleased to see it relisted, but like to read the comments to make sure buy.com or some others are not selling it for the same money with free shipping…

After reading posts, especially the woot staffer, guaranteeing those that got in on the deal of 1, 2 or 3 of each depending on their orders, would be honored, I was impressed once again with woot’s customer service.

I will be ordering 3 units instead of the one unit I originally intended to buy.

Kudos to woot once again…

I purchased the desk lamp from woot on November 13 for $14.99. It’s the worst purchase I’ve made from woot. The rechargeable battery (or the connection to it) was apparently dead on arrival causing the entire lamp not to work. (Yes I plugged it in for 16 hours, did all sorts of other troubleshooting - it’s dead). The only way I can get it to work is by putting in three triple A batteries. Also, the reviews that state the lamp can’t keep itself up and that the tension screws don’t work well are spot-on.

Perhaps a person who would actually read the descriptions and realize, that they offer different functionality and serve different purposes.

Dual sticks - just detachable sticks, that will also fire up in event of power failure. Single stick - works as a night light, charger equipped with light sensor, that will light up in a nightlight mode when it gets dark in a room… That the lights themselves are different - nightlight comes with options to light up one or two led’s for longer life but softer light, while the dual stick is brighter 2 or 4 led’s for more light for shorter lifespan…

It maybe so that price per stick is more in 1 stick box, bot for someone who needs that functionality as opposed to others it would make a difference…

in for 3 twin stick packs. 1 for me, 1 for mom, and 1 for my aunt.

add the 3 craps coupon and you get all 3 for 30 shipped

You don’t get them all. I just placed an order and I had to pick which of the three I wanted. Now if they send all three, that would be cool. But I guess they fixed the order form since early this morning.

i bought 3 of the desk lamp from the previous woot-off. They work GREAT !!!
i wished i had bought 3 more - NOW’s MY CHANCE.
Only “con” is the switch is very stiff.
but - other than that - they do as advertised

OMG ur raight! Nxt Tme I use Lolspeak

K?THX bye

Well this worked out better than a BoC. Those that where there right when the woot was posted got a good deal, and they didn’t have to deal with the network issues BoC’s cause. Most companies would have canceled the orders.

I for one got one of each at full price. The gadgetness of these is high enough so I couldn’t resist.

I keep clicking on “I want one” and it just takes me to another page (no place to purchase) How do I buy it?