Energizer Universal Mega Cell Battery Pack

yes i have the g60 and it works great. had to order a tip though.

Well, I’m in for two (one for me and one for my mom). My netbook actually lasts about 5 - 6 hours on its battery, so this should get me close to 10 hours, I hope.

Okay… as I tried to write 20min ago:

Lies, Damn Lies, and ADVERTISING!

Short lesson:

1800mAh = 1.8Ah (@ what Voltage? - I’ll assume 12V)

1.8Ah*12V = 21.6W for an hour. If you draw 100W it’ll last less than 15min, and if you have to convert voltage you’ll have power loss there, and the runtime will be even less. 530hours to run a camcorder is ludicrous. A quick search for camcorder power draw shows 5W typical. This MIGHT keep that running for 4 hours, but probably won’t as the built in battery will be desperately trying to charge too. Anyway, that should allow you to realise what kind of real life use this will give. I get about 15min extra time on iPhone from one of those Energizer versions woot had last year.

Duty cycle is not the amount of uses before it dies, it is a ratio of the “active” time.

I bought one a while ago, not sure if I got a bad unit, but I have an Asus G50 thats runs at 19v and the unit says it can charge 19V+ my computer constantly flickers between running as AC mode (battery charging) and battery unit (laptop charge draining) causes problems with my computer so I have to standby it to prevent issues of screen dimming flicker and power usage.

This unit is great when the tips fit.
But beware about the tips. They do not have certain tips. For example the Gateway 7811FX laptop, they said they will not have it or get it. So that tip guarantee is bull.

However, The tips do work well on my Dell laptops.

Missing a zero there chap. It’s eighteen thousand milliamp-hours, not eighteen hundred. By comparison, a typical cell phone battery is in the 800-1500mAh range, and a laptop battery usually ranges from 3000 to 6000 mAh. Consider this to be the equivalent of 3 big laptop batteries or about 12 cell phone batteries. It’s hefty.

holy crap that’s my exact laptop! its a piece of doodoo! good thing woot isn’t selling it.

Don’t put Win.7 on it, it’ll mess you up!

Other then the free tips joke, I really like this battery. I had to buy two tips one for my hp g60 laptop, and one for my sanas fuze. The pack itself seems to be put together very well, have had no problems with connections “shorting” the pack with hold the charge better then I thought it would, in fact as of right now I have had zero issues with it just losing charge. It came with a nice felt (or felt wanna-be) bag. and because all the conections are on one side you don’t even have to pull the unit out to use or charge.

With my laptop I usually only get maybe 2 hours of battery, with this being plugged in right from the start I will get about 3.5-4 hours usage time.

No the battery is not to heavy, but usualy I have my laptop on a desk or on my lap on a sofa. It is small enough to fit in a “normal” laptop backpack. (Ya you might say “so, they have a lot of room in them”. You would be right if I did not tell you what else I carry in that same backpack.

1. laptop
  2. 500 gb hard drive
  3. All the cords needed to run both laptop and hd.
  4. document scanner. (The one woot sells)
  5. hp wireless mouse
  6. about 7 different other cords
  7. usb 4 port hub
  8. other miss items

So ya I am not sure I have that much space in the bag for huge batteries.

With this one battery I can charge:

1. My laptop
  2. My fuze
  3. My Treo 800w
  4. As well as My Wife’s treo centro
  5. My GPS
  6. My panasonic portable dvd Player.

That about covers that trip.

As far as battery life:
If it is plugged into my power hungery laptop it drains alot faster then if it is charging my phone, or fuze, or other small “toy”.

So, after reading this short reveiw if your still on the fence and not sure if you want this, take it from a complete stranger. (((((insert subliminal waves here woot.))))) Buy it, Try it, Like It. ((((((stop inserting subliminal waves here woot.)))))

Also, the front page specs show that as being at 5v, which is the standard voltage for USB charging. Obviously there will be less available power for devices that operate at a higher voltage (like laptops, which are usually in the 19v range). Either way, an entire order of magnitude more power than your math (being that you left off a zero).

Anyone know what the cord on the "using the power pack vid is?

Jeez, I just can’t seem to leave the math alone.

at 5v, you’ll get 90 watts for the hour. dividing that by 19v you get 4737 mAh. so you’ll get about the equivalent of a medium-sized laptop battery out of the thing at laptop voltages. Considering how much most laptop batteries cost (and that you can have this and your primary battery in at the same time) I’d say it’s worth the purchase. Besides, when you get that spare battery from Dell you can’t also use it to charge your phone or iPod.

Got this the last time it was on woot. Love it. Used it just this past week on a flight. It came with the right tip for my acer laptop. The laptop totally acts as if it is plugged into the AC adapter when I use it with this battery pack. I would reccomend.

Here is the PDF User’s Manual to the item…

http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com/us/products/xp18000/XP18000.pdf

Im going to go ahead and say that this will not charge my MacBook.

That page doesn’t seem to apply to batteries and shows that a duty cycle should be expressed as a percentage, what would a duty cycle of 500 mean? The device will not overheat so long as you don’t use it more that 50 minutes in a 10 minute period?

I bought one of these a few months ago and it is great. I first tried another but my Sony laptop needs 19.5 volts–19 just would not do! This one handles 20. I carry tips for my Blackberry, iPod and laptop–always ready, highly recommend this!

Looks like the 16 - 20V… on the bottom of the products page they show all the available connections.

I dont see a tip for my Palm Pre (which is a slightly different Mini USB tip than the Blackberry), thats too bad, i was gunna buy one too

Are you sure? Is it the Micro-USB? They do have one of those per the whats included pdf. If it is different than that… not sure what to tell you as the Free Tips for Life page needs a username and password… and I don’t want to sign up.

http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com/us/products/xp18000/PC-XP18000.pdf