Energizer Universal Mega Cell Battery Pack

Amazon.com seems to be giving pretty favorable. one guy complained about not getting the right tip for his computer, like that stuff is sold seperately

booo

I could some leak frogs

look on e to the bay

I got one last time. They work great for some people. I’m a bit hosed because:

1. it doesn’t let me operate my Garmin GPS, one of the purposes I bought it for. It charges the GPS, but the GPS thinks it’s plugged into a computer and shows a data transfer screen instead of being willing to navigate. Somehow the car charger for the GPS sends a different signal into the USB port so it can navigate.

2. It doesn’t completely charge my Nokia cell phone, which wants something like 5.6 volts instead of the 5 volts you get from the USB port. It does charge to about halfway, which is better than nothing, but it takes a fairly long time.

3. Wrong (too high) output voltage for my Thinkpad X40 though they supply an adapter tip anyway. I worry about blowing up the computer if I try that adapter.

4. Also wrong voltage for my EEE PC. They sell an adapter dingus that changes the voltage, but that doesn’t count as a free tip, and it’s a hassle and probably wastes some of the power.

I think I still have some uses for the thing but it’s not as great as I hoped.

I’LL BE A MONKEYS UNCLE

I just want my monkey, I wanna go to sleep!!

Yes, for charging cellphones and such.

They inevitably put it up there when I’m half way between work and home.

I keep hoping they’ll take pity and give us a 2nd helping. :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting this, I was wondering how much the “free” tips… now I know.

Also, you said it works great, I have a question, without the battery in the laptop, can you run the laptop? if so, for how long? (okay 2 questions)

PEACE

My cord and battery died. Amazon has some cheap replacements, well, they did for my dell stuff.

It’s for everything important.

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize your neighbourhood, and hope to get the last woot to satisfy your tired hand.

Shoot! Great question! I want to know as well…

people bought three of these???

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/woot-17721.jpg

seems things are slowing down.

Bought one of these last woot off - Awesome!! I would have paid $30-40 just for the USB CHARGER and adapters - I have been charging all my cell phones and devices from my laptop with it. I needed an a power source for my modem since I didnt have power, I ended up using the 18000 after finding the right adapter to power my modem and router

I got to the final commit to buy page when it sold out on me.

we always opted for dead goats… but that does take more letters.