Energy C-100 Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)

Great looking home theater speakers. As long as the sound is good and balanced I’m in.

A subwooter, even…

"Components: Chambered 1” Aluminum Dome, Dual 5-1/2” Composite Fiberglas cones "

Where are those “twin” woofers? Rear fiing? Down firing? I guess as someone said these are the specs for the center channel speaker. By the way, these are good mid to high end speakers, not Big Lots specials. I don’t need them tonight although they would make nice surround speakers…

Wow… Think you misunderstood there…
It would have been nice for w00t to offer the center HERE and put something cooler on sellout…

now play nice kiddies…

I am the first wooter to buy one. This must prove my drunkenness.

Woot, do you plan to sell amp for this?

AGAIN !!!
The wrong specs are posted here !!!
"Center channel speaker for detailed dialogue, big music and effects
1-inch dome tweeter and twin 5.5-inch composite fiberglass woofers, are made to bring you every dynamic the movie director intended
High-quality black ash finish
Clean, accurate highs from aluminum dome tweeter help you hear every part of the soundtrack clearly
Flat On-Axis Frequency Response with Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be—and the sound as natural as possible
Wide and Constant Dispersion: Sound at all frequencies radiating from the speaker should be in an even pattern, in all directions throughout the room
Low Distortion and Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy has achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement
Rear venting for more powerful bass response
Specifications:

System Type: Bass Reflex, Rear Vented
Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz +/- 3 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power: up to 125 watts
Components: Chambered 1” Aluminum Dome, Dual 5-1/2” Composite Fiberglas cones
Impedance: 8 ohms nominal; 4 ohms minimum
Useable Bass Response (10db Anechoic): 45 Hz
Sensitivity (anechoic): 88dB
Sensitivity (2 speakers in a typical room): 91dB
Crossover Point: 2.2kHz
Overall Dimensions: W 19.75”/50cm H – 6.75”/17cm D – 10”/25cm
Weight: 19.8lbs / 9kg ea
Finishes: Cherry or Black Ash
Included Accessories: Rubber Bumpers"

bought a pair because im sad about the woot off. I wish it was still on and I dreamed I missed the boc and then I did miss it. that was the least amount of sleep i have gotton without “help”

Im the first loser i think. sorry but i think I out-loser you

Wow, only three woots on these so far… guess everyone passed out as soon as the woot-off ended.

Great speakers. I have a set hooked up to the Sonos in my living room with the Energy sub. Very happy with them.

i know that they have it…

thats why i said they should have put these together. that way we would have something different on sellout

Is there anything worse?

yea i saw that. I sat through so much poo just to miss a few things I really wanted. I guess I did ok though, picked up some neat stuff. i hope you did well and good day

The dual posts are used for bi-amplification.

“You do know that we saved your wife and kids too, right?”

Brilliant.

you’re better off buying the insignia bass-reflex speakers at bestbuy. Bu two pairs of the best buy speakers and a center at sellout.woot and pair it with a subwoofer from partsexpress.com:
http://www.parts-express.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CAT_ID=43&ObjectGroup_ID=620
and you’ve got a great set of 5.1 speakers, probably better than polk or klipsch, and definitely better than bose, seriously.

I know that quality is ultimately determined by the listener, but do you really think that Insignia makes better quality speakers than Polk, Klipsch, or Bose? They can be overpriced (especially Bose), but you are getting great quality. Maybe the Insignia’s are a better deal for the money, but seriously, better quality?

Here is the manufacturers website with some nice high quality pictures and the manual.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en/products/c-100-overview/

look up the history of energy speakers. they were not always part of the klipsch family. they are a canadian company that dates back to the 70s. their speakers are very good value and very accurate in their response.

i’ve owned a few pairs over the years and have always loved their clean, flat, sound.