Energy Center Speaker

Beat me to it. I concur, it’s a good price.

Well… except for the woofer

I concur your concurrence

But does it deliver BASS?

All your links are crazy good, but this speaker sounds like carp on my MacBook speakers!

So, does anyone think this will fit with the crazy mix-and-match setup I have here in my basement? Right now it’s a 4.0 setup with two Advent Legacy II loudspeakers in the front, and two JBL N24 II bookshelf speakers in the rear.

I picked up a pair of Energy fronts (Right and Left) bookshelfs from Woot http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2912321

This center seems expensive compared to them. I’m pretty set with HT equipment and I don’t use the ones I own for HT can anyone talk me into buying these?

Why would you need your center speaker to deliver bass? That’s what the subwoofer’s for.

able planet headphones !

Is this supposed to be one of those single multi-directional speakers that you sit somewhere and it sounds like surround sound? If not… why?

Over $300 for a single speaker?

Really, Wootazon? Really?

It delivers very little BASS… This speaker delivers mostly HALIBUT and TROUT.

I shouldn’t have seen this speaker in natural wood finish!

EPIC deal for an EPIC speaker.

It’s the job of the center to produce the broadest frequency of any speaker in the set. Woofers only generate 10% of the spectrum (this is where the .1 comes from in a 5.1 or 7.1). They are important, but the real workhorse of a surround setup is the Center.

With two 5.5" ribbed woofers, I’d venture that it actually does bring some nice lows to the table. Fortunately, it’s not the Center’s job to produce deep lows. With the 600hz crossover this thing’s got, anything lower than that will be sent to the woofer anyway.

$350 and made in China… pffff

Yeah, but they are designed in Canada. Canadian audio speaker companies have quite a reputation when it comes to producing high-end audio equipment. Check out audiophile forums…they have been around for a while.

I personally own the RC-LCR (the one selling) and RC-70’s for front left and right and RC-10s at the back together with a Martin Logan 10 inch subwoofer.

I have owned the system for 2 years now and I can vouch for them!

If you are looking for matching speakers (as a previous poster noted), you can check them out at Vanns:

Energy Speakers at Vanns

I’m lost . . . do you have to plug this thing in?

A little word on what I think about Energy Speakers.

I have owned a set of Energy Take-5 surround speakers for nearly 10 years now, and they still bar-none the the best sounding speakers I have ever owned and worth every penny 5x over. They still sound as good as the day I purchased them, are of extremely high build quality, extremely well shielded and are a shining example of what good quality and workmanship go into every Energy speaker.

In other words, I would not HESITATE to purchase this center-channel speaker if I needed it, but the center channel that came w/my Take-5 system still sounds amazing.

Pretty good if you ask me for an old set of speakers that still, after all these years, garners top scores by reviews from a design that has barely changed in 10 years. That speaks volumes about Energy as a company and the quality of their products.