Engracia Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (4)

Hi Mike and Clark. Loved everything I’ve bought from Clark and looking forward to trying Mike’s solo efforts.

I will be making my first trip from FL to Sonoma in 10 days and would love to visit with you. Where are you located?

It’s a reference to “Of Mice And Men,” you unwashed reprobates. If you want to understand my relationship with Mike, catch this clip. I’m Lennie, he’s George.

Welcome to woot Mike, glad to see you here!

Mike makes excellent wine! I still have a few bottles of your 2011 Engracia Silva Vineyard Pinot Noir, and 2010 Silva Vineyard Engracia La Morena.

Total contraband. Like Dylan underground tapes. Hide those, know your friends, because this guy will be famous soon, and the old pre-license stuff will be precious.

His Cab Franc / Merlot blend is particularly amazing for me, trained in Bordeaux. It’s a real St. Emilion style with density, grace, harmony and breadth that makes you sigh in contentment. Not offered yet commercially, but another benefit of visitation.

Mike’s Sebastopol back yard has hosted many a barbecue, hootenanny, songfest and pool drunk. He’s kind of a Daddy figure to the community. I can be persuaded to show up with my new Martin guitar.

He even has a wonderfully gracious fiancee Maureen who runs the tasting room at Lou Preston’s wonderful organic farm, and thus totally “gets” the life and his commitment. The two of them are all about hospitality and community.

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!

Checklist for Men for Valentine’s Day

Might have to buy based on this post alone :slight_smile:

Last wooter to woot: protease!

Happy v day !

Thank you Mike for introducing this PN beauty here. This v day will not be bored!

Felt I had to buy since Mike has been so great to deal with as Clark’s right hand. And then I read the tasting notes, and bought with no second thoughts.

A great guy that makes great wines. That has proven to be a long term winning combination here. So I am already hoping to see you back here.

I woke up on the couch at 1:30am EDT and immediately went and ordered before heading to bed. :slight_smile:

Planning a trip to Sonoma and Napa in the spring and will definitely stop by Mike! Thanks for putting your wine on woot!

Hi Mike and Clark - great discussion. Mike - can you talk a bit about the 2013 vintage on the Sonoma Coast and how it compared to earlier vintages which some of have tried before? Everything I’ve read says it was outstanding.

In for 1! I am not usually a big fan of Pinot. Last time I said that, I was persuaded to buy Gazi, I loved it!
This time no persuasion needed… the tasting notes sound yummy… and something even more important is … I want to support Mike. How could I not? Glowing comments from Clark… and Mike is always such a pleasure to talk to when I order from Clark!

Mike- glad to see you here on Woot… and I hope this is a first of many times we see you here with your label (not that we don’t enjoy talking to you when you are promoting Clark’s wines) I hope this sells out before the end of the day!

Agree on all counts. Mike’s reputation will continue to build as the years progress, and finding these early year gems will be difficult if not impossible. I am hoarding my last bottles of 2010 La Morena and 2011 Pinot and have a significant stash of the of the 2012’s.

The 2013’s will be slim pickings soon as well, so get this Pinot while you can.

Those are babies! You should just trade them to me…

Dang, was very interested but no shipping to WI. Maybe another time.

According to the Engracia website, this can ship to Wisconsin direct. Contact Mike directly and he should be able to hook you up.

Awesome, thanks. So if he can direct ship to WI, why is shipping limited on this deal?

It has to do with the third party aspect I believe.

Thanks T, I will get in contact with him.

I just hope the ending is not the same as this one!

My curiosity on the strange WootBot email a couple of days ago is finally explained.

Looking at your CT holdings, we know where is all is/was. I’ve had a few (under the table) samples of Mikes labor, but clearly I’ve been missing out for longer than I should have.

Yup, some of these were already on the way.
Hoping for a sell-out, and quite deserving of same.