Enkidu 2008 Rosso Fazekas Napa Valley Sangiovese - 4 Pack

I’ve had their PS and really enjoyed it, especially at the WTSO price. I’m probably in for one.

$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 4 2008 Rosso Fazekas Napa Valley Sangiovese
CT link above

Winery website

Definitely one of the more interesting labels I’ve seen.

Website link

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 22.997s
Last wooter to woot: rfrusso

22 seconds… Mill has a fast trigger-finger!!
=D

some how mill and rfrusso beat me too it, lol. That’s Ok, I’m excited to taste the Sangiovese.

edit: Really, after all this time, not so many wine.wooters in NV?

So how is the smoke taint on this?

I would’ve definitely been in for a sampler pack of their wares or a PS set, but I’ve still got some Noceto and plenty of Italians around, so this looks like a pass for me, despite the good reviews.

What an interesting twist on this wine… Enkidu was the main figure in the tale of Gilgamesh set in Sumeria where wine was supposedly first made.

Anyone know how these compare to the Noceto offering? Their 2008 riserva (I think it was) has been my favorite Woot offering thus far.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like it was a 2007 by Noceto http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3939882

(It’s the bottle with the red foil on the left side of the close-up picture.)

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create one now!!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

What was the oak treatment on this vintage?

Also, would like to know the maceration period for this wine.

Per winery website: French oak barrels, 10% new oak.

Here’s Noceto’s best offering. Noceto Scores

Looks like today’s W.W. gets on average a few points higher. I’m in for one, hope to get a future Rat for Friday’s offering perhaps?

There’s only one CT review for the Enkidu, though. :tongue:

Out of the Noceto pack, I still have the Riserva and regular bottles on my rack, but I thought the Reward Ranch was fantastic and the Hillside was so-so.

My favorite was the straight up 2007 Sangiovese… the Red Foil. Let that baby decant for about an hour and wow, what a great tasting juice! My Uncle, who’s tasted wine much longer than I have even said it tasted like the Sangiovese from Italy.

“Enkidu is a central figure in the Ancient Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh. In the story he is a wild-man raised by animals and ignorant of human society until he is bedded by Shamhat. Thereafter a series of interactions with humans and human ways bring him closer to civilization, culminating in a wrestling match with Gilgamesh, king of Uruk. Enkidu embodies the wild or natural world, and though equal to Gilgamesh in strength and bearing, acts in some ways as an antithesis to the cultured, urban-bred warrior-king. Enkidu then becomes the king’s constant companion and deeply beloved friend, accompanying him on adventures until he is stricken ill. The deep, tragic loss of Enkidu profoundly inspires in Gilgamesh a quest to escape death by obtaining godly immortality.”

Good to know! I’ll have to break it out soon and see for myself.

Could the winemaker also comment on the pH? seems a little low for sang.