Envious HP ENVY Desktops & All-In-Ones

HP ENVY 700-339 Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win8.1 - Can anyone who bought one of these that sells out every time usually first say a few words about their use of this system?

Who reconditions this PC? HP is what I’m assuming…need this documented before I purchase.

Thanks.
Mike

I bought one of these that came with an nVidia GTX 645 and a friend of mine bought one that only had the built-in graphics option, replaced the PSU with something beefier, and installed a GTX 970* late last year. Both are monster machines, and the prices were fantastic.

These computers considerably more power than the Cyberpower machines on the main site, for the same price and a decent build quality.

*If you’re going to do this, find someone with nimble fingers. I had to install the card, because his hands were too big, and the GTX 970 does not technically fit inside of the case.

Usually a third party- if it comes with a warranty with HP (which I believe all of these do), it’ll be a group that’s approved by HP. If it’s a Woot warranty, then typically it’s an unaffiliated-with-the-manufacturer refurbishment company.

These are all eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10, aren’t they?

Do you receive a documented warranty from HP for the 90 days?

Paperwork and all should be included in the box.

Yes,any pc running Windows 7 or Windows 8 qualifies for the upgrade to Windows 10…provided the installed hardware is compatible,which any of these machines would be.

Shipping costs.Anyone know.

All shipping on Woot is only $5 (per order)

Please check the Woot FAQ for more information.

Genuine Windows 8.1 (64-bit) home or Pro?

Windows 8.1 doesn’t have a “Home” version.

There’s Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro. We will state them with these names in our sale.

Here’s a comparison.

Thanks Thunderthigh. Didn’t know they stop using ‘HOME’.

Yeah, a change for many people. No worries.