Epic Battle

I don’t get it. I’ve been living in a cave the last decade.

Brown? Sigh. Would have bought it in a split second if it was on black or gray, LIKE IT SHOULD BE. Brown is gross. Boo.

Ahhh. The horrors of assigned school readings. Oh, what Darkness that phrase invokes in my Heart.

I can guess which spell Harry is going to use. Expelliarmus! (His favorite spell. He seems to use it every time he needs to fight)

I’ve never seen Gandolf fight another person before, however. It would be an interesting fight.

Don’t make me facepalm at you. We’re talkin’ books here, not new-fangled movies!

I’m confident that Pug could take them both. and he-who-can’t-be-named-because-he-has-such-a-stupid-name.

Speaking of… I can’t believe there wasn’t a good Fah. 451 shirt in the top contenders!

If books, then Harry Potter wins hands down! In LOTR, the characters walk a lot and while it is enjoyable to watch what is happening with a visual and audio in the movies, the books seemed to drag on to me (I thought they would never get out of the forest in The Hobbit :tongue:). I just push away the fact that the fellowship could have just flown the giant eagles over MT Doom and dropped the ring in, but nothing is perfect! :wink:
However, I really do like both authors’ light sense of humor in their books.

Gandalf wins cause he is old and tricksy like that.

Well, talking story HP would absolutely win, LOTR didn’t draw me in at all while HP were amazingly addicting books. But in a fight Gandalf wouldn’t even break a sweat. Now a fight between Dumbledore and Gandalf…

Two words: Rule 34.

Thank you Woot Gods for finally printing a shirt I actually voted for.

Love the shirt… bought 2 thinking of buying another but have to see what size first. :slight_smile:

“Condition: probably a horcrux”

+1 for the Woot writers :smiley:

Me, I prefer the classics. After all, Merlin, or even King Author and Excalibur, would be able to take both on without breaking a sweat. Merlin would simply immobilze both Harry and Gandalf in time and space. No coming back from that spell…

If you don’t know who Merlin is, you should read some of the King Arthur books. The new series “Camelot” on STARZ is actually quite good too.

It’s a cute shirt, but I’m passing on this one. It’s a bit too childish for my taste.

David

da heck, why is Harry fighting Gandalf on the shirt instead of the snake guy?

Gandalf would kick Harry’s but. Gandalf says it himself, “Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” Harry’s just a pebble to Gandalf’s planet of age and wisdom.

Best I found

http://urbanpionqueer.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/wizard1.jpg

“How does this not qualify for disqualification due to copyrighted characters?”

No such thing. Characters cannot be copyrighted. Specific sequences of words, such as novels or stories, can be copyrighted.

The NAMES of characters can be trademarked, but I don’t see any names on this shirt, do you?

In any case, this shirt is obviously a parody, and is therefore covered by the “fair use” exception to copyright infringement in the U.S. (and the equivalent “fair dealing” exception in most other English-speaking countries).

I wonder if the phone is “small metal banding” over at Woot HQ?

Alohomora! -watches Dumbledores pages fly open-