Epilady Legend - Rechargeable Epilator

truthfully, it is a little more painful in that region as the hairs are more coarse.

I’ve been using this in some form or another for about 10 years on my legs and chin. For less than the cost of one waxing, this is a bargain. Does it hurt? DUH! Of course! So does waxing! But after a couple years of use I’m down to once every 4-6 weeks on my legs. Every 3-4 on my chin.
So if you’re a chicken - keep shaving every other day.

I’m the same as you and rcomfort, except I reached the point through years of waxing (after going to salons a couple of times and seeing the technique, I do it myself). The hairs on my legs are very fine and sparse now, I’m wondering if this will work better. I also used the original Epilady (which I hated) but am tempted to try this.

Also, does this include the “bikini” region on fellas? I don’t imagine this working well on…ahem…“loose” skin. I used to use Neet, but can’t find it anymore. Nair is too potent and can cause painful chemical burns. (never again!) Shaving gets the job done, but is very tedious and doesn’t last as long. Should I give this a try?

Neet was renamed Veet, as it took on the UK name.

Great price and I really need a new one.
I remember my mother giving me one of the epilady with the coil, the one in the picture posted. Many moons ago back in Europe. It was all there was at the time. Did it hurt a bit? Sure for a while.
About 15 years ago I updated to a newer epilady in the US, with the disks and its really on its last legs now.
So this offer comes in handy.

Underarms hurt a little, but I have been doing this for so many years, I think you get used to it after a while.

For beginners, start really slow and don’t give up. Make sure the skin is dry and stretched. Only do the legs to start with.

eta: I was going to add, you can “numb” the area in sensitive spots by icing it a bit before. Ice inside something, you don’t want the skin wet. It numbs it long enough to go over those areas.

I’ve used the original coiled spring model for a decade and more. It gets progressively less painful and well worth the inital discomfort in time-savings and no bristly new growth. If it’s really painful for you new users I’d advise shaving your legs leaving some hair in strips, so you’re not epilating your whole leg at once. Epilate every couple days, shaving strips if you need to; soon you’ll have your whole leg epilated. And you can take an aspirin BEFORE you start, just like you would for any uncomfortable procedure (ie, mammogram).

If you are Very Careful and stretch the skin securely so your… ah… “rug” doesn’t get sucked up into the vacuum cleaner as it were, it can be safely used to clean up around the edges. Like any coarser hairs, it will take longer for the hairs to come in finer and to start off with you will likely have a decidedly un-smooth appearance at first, with red bumps that may even bleed and do not look very attractive. I cannot imagine that it would be safe for either men or women to try for a fully denuded garden with an epilator. There is just too much loose skin to work around. It would probably take two people to even try it safely and really, don’t you want a professional for something like that anyway (tip your waxer)? Veet or perhaps a No No would probably be better at-home options.

That said, if you start in the offseason (that could be winter if you want a clean bikini line in summer, or when you’re between relationships if your objective is more private), you can reduce your garden to a smaller plot and it will eventually get to the point where, like your legs and underarms, the hairs are finer and the epilation is less painful.

Reduction is a reasonable goal with an epilator, IMO a Brazilian is not.

What does the fox say?

But seriously, the comments for this are really entertaining.

I remember my wife having one of those. We called it the Epi-Screamy.

This would make the perfect torture machine for the NSA and CIA.