Epson V100 Photo Perfection Flatbed Color Scanner

Looks like I’m in for one, $99 at Epsons web site… Also looks like they don’t make these anymore. I’ve been saving up to buy a nicer stand alone scanner. I do alot of art and need to scan stuff in for photoshop from time to time, this may not be the best candidate, but that BOC coupon helps, and until I can get a real nice scanner, this will do for my receipt scans in my effort to reduce the clutter that is my room. Also the all in one is downstairs on my network printer, so the stand alone is all I need.

I wonder what the build date is…

did you read the spec. USB 2 takes longer to ask a question than to read the WOOT

Wow I wish this was up 3 weeks ago… paid triple…

I have this very scanner and I bought it new about 3 mos ago for $79. Works great as I needed a flatbed for its portability and its ability to scan books, namely yearbooks which I am archiving for my high school. Works great for this purpose and software has also made it easy to scan multiple pics-I have fit up to 5 old black and whites on the tray at one time. I highly recommend this scanner, refurb or not.

Does it scan 35mm negatives?

This scanner is amazing. We use it down at the local police station to take photos of perps when they are being processed for lockup. Decent detail, minor problem with nose smudges on the glass but cleans up well.

Thinking about buying three because crime is up this year.

[To be honest there was one strange case. Keanu Reeves visted and we scanned his schnozz just for grins. The picture looked just like that cartoon character on ‘A Scanner Darkly’, darndest thing I ever did see.]

Have one of these and it works like a champ.
Photo negative scanner is a nice feature and works very well … for those of you that still use film and have negative that they would like to preserve. The baskside/lid glows such that the scanner picks up the color through the negative.

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Refurbished Epson V100 Photo Perfection Flatbed Color Scanner, for $39.99 + $5 shipping

To access our price comparator links, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.png

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.jpg

About this post

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 – Windows 2000 Professional, XP Home Edition/XP Professional, XP Professional x64 Edition

Still-- woot can do better than this.

Yea! I am in for one. I have been waiting for that Kodak printer/scanner thing to return to Woot. We do not need the printer part, but I wanted the scanner. Now I can get just what we need.

Boy my mail lady will be loving me soon. I have way too many woot packages on the way. At least the weather has been decent so that walk up to the front door won’t involve ice and snow.

I got one. I hope it’s simple to use. It’s hard to teach us old dogs new tricks.

Yes. There is a special tray for it. It does a very good job with the negatives.

2 Things:

A) I have this scanner. It works great in Linux/GIMP through SANE.

B) Keep it flat, otherwise it makes a wicked grinding noise.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I know they make all in one scanners that can print, fax, copy, scan, read and answer your email, get the paper off the lawn and wipe your butt for you, but I think I need somthing like this. It’s compact and I can take it with me easily. You know, for scanning on the go type stuff. You never know when it will come in handy. :smiley:

will this generate pictures from older black and white picture negatives?

USB 1.1 a tad slow if not a great buy.

Help me understand what scanning negatives gets you. Can you then extract a picture onto your computer from the negative?

I have had this scanner for a couple of years and it works great with MAC Tiger or Leopard. It may be USB but it is plenty fast for me with excellent reproductions and super simple to use software. I love it.

Ok, now you have detention after school. Go back and re-read the specs and product description and come back with the correct answer.