Erector Spykee The Spy Robot

Key phrase: 60 minutes of battery life.

I played with this at CostCo last Christmas. To me, it was more a hybrid child’s toy than a serious robot. It did not appear very robust, so I doubt it would do much in the way of robotic security. My advice: It’s a one-trick pony, initially fun, but then what more can it do?

Quick!!! Get to the chopper!!!

Pretty soon this guy might be the governor of Ohio hah

Secutiry? Is that like charcuterie?

Drive the spykee with a joypad or the arrows on your keyboard

Can I use this as a VOIP phone to call my cat throughout the day?

Where can I find their other products that offer “Secutiry Surveillance” ?

Well, thought about buying it, but it doesn’t work with my Mac. Too bad! :slight_smile:

Does the software work with Vista?

it’s a frakkin’ toaster.

ERECTOR
tehehe…
what a funny name
it reminds me of…
well, i think you can fill in the blank

With this robot, do I have to worry about it showing up naked at bars and taking a biker’s clothing and motorcycle?

How much of a battery life does it have? Is there a replacement available? How much?

Yes to both questions… Using proprietary “open-source” software (which has yet to be released) only compatible with Windows XP+ and … yes … Mac.

if I could go up/down steps I’d have to get one. I’m on the road a lot for work, so I think I’d find this thing highly amusing to play with the cats and/or say hi to the lady back home. However… no steps? no thanks

First to pull the trigger, my life is complete

It says VOIP - does that mean it would play nice with, e.g., Skype?

Because a robot camera that I could use as the ‘eye’ for my Skype calls would rule.

It looks like Robosapien decide to mate and produce offspring. So now we are only four generations away from the T-101?

I am so investing in that Cyberdyne Systems IPO.

According to the description, which you obviously did not read:

“Spykee is a Robot that you can control with a WiFi connection from your computer.”

Just assume, if Wifi, that it gets an IP address, and you send it commands.

Johnny 5 is alive!

Hah

I’m in for 3

I was going to piss away money on a Roomba. With this puppy I can program it to push my woot bought Dyson vac around and save big bucks.

Mount a crossbow on the other 2 and use them as ninja robot assassins.