Esoterica Port Medly - Six Pack

He will.

I thought it was pretty clear already. Condition: 375ml, Product:The six seperate bottles…not much clearer than that.

I sure hope this is good. My sister-in-law is a huge port fan and her birthday is coming up.

I wonder if I will finally be a labrat???

The only question is whether this will sell out before Kent shows up.

Half the size of a normal bottle. Normal bottle is 750ml.

ok, thanks. :slight_smile:

All Hail…didn’t we have this at the summer NYC BBQ tasting?
I think we were sent 2 bottles, right??..

fog is lifting a little

Yes, the Tinta Cao and Sousao. At the last tasting out on LI.
And at the last DC tasting we had the Tempranillo and Trousseau.

Argh, can’t believe this offering shows up in addition to the Westinghouse on the main woot site (which I coincidentally had been researching and debating if I should spend that much money). If only I was working already instead of paying a lot for extra schooling :frowning:

So does anyone have any notes or any other information about how these taste? I’d like to pull the trigger, but I have no experience with this kind of juice and I love a little info before I jump. (And I’m impatient and would rather not wait until tomorrow. That’s how I missed out on the toofless. sniff)

Hey, Cesare, I see you edited out your CT links. I noticed that the wines set up in CT already were under “Sweet/Dessert” wines. The ones I set up are all designated (or will be when the edit for the one of 'em gets through) as “Red-Fortified” since, IMHO, that’s the more accurate descriptor for them. To me, sweet/dessert is a ‘normal’ wine with residual sugar that’s more like a Sauternes or Late Harvest Zinfandel.

They taste like port. That sweet, raisiny, chalky taste. Not super sweet, not like a sticky dessert wine.
Edit: As Corrado mentioned above, these are not like a Sauternes or late harvest wine, or ice wine which is even sweeter and more syrupy.
These are made from red grapes and the wine is a very dark brownish red.

Oh, sweet Jesus, I caved already. And this just after I paid for a half-season of Caps tickets. Am I not paying attention to our country’s economy? What the hell is wrong with me?!?!

Maybe I just need to change my perspective a little…we here at woot are attempting to keep the economy going, right?! Yeah, that’s the ticket, we’ll go with that.

Yeah those were old links I found in CT, but only those 2 out of the 6 were listed. I didn’t want to confuse people so I removed them. I guess you should get Eric to merge them. Wines 573264 and 573266. Actually they should be deleted because they have no holdings anyway and like you said, they are supposed to be listed as fortified.

Question for Kent: are the varetals all 100%?

This could be a great way to knock off five 100% entries in the century club application.

I believe they are, and the 6th one is a blend of all of them like the description says. But that’s a good question for Kent to confirm 100%. These are right up your alley Joat.

How can I pass this up?

I can’t, one is on the way.

It’s delicious. Just buy.

If it’s not chocolate, and it’s not peppermint, I’m not sure you can legally say…

Regardless, the light’s been lit for Vermont for 12 bottles.

Anyone know what these retail for at the winery? I don’t even see a mention of them on their website.

This seems like one of the most woots in a long time!

Alas, I will have to pass. This is something I would want to open all the bottles at the same time to taste how they all form the final blend. However, no way I can drink that much and I just don’t know that many people that drink wine and would enjoy this truly with me.

Someone woot extra to makeup for me.