Esoterica Viognier Trio

First time in quite a while I picked up a W.W offering.

I love this stuff. I think I try and talk cheron into opening a bottle every time I’m over at her place.

Can’t decide if I want 3 or 6. Will it improve any with age, or do desert wines such as this just remain steady while holding?

Get 6

Bite your tongue.

<40 degrees and in a tall thick shot glass.

Get 9! Then you don’t feel about drinking a few of them right away. Believe me. Great deal, will last forever, will change with age, awesome if you like dessert wines!

Get 9! :wink:

Seriously, I really, really meant to age this stuff. I bought nine around Christmas and I only have 1 bottle left.

So, in for 9 here!

Link to a post from the winemaker about Noble Rot (the mold that makes this wine so sweet and delicious)

Heh I have the same problem. My wife and daughter-in-laws fell in love with this wine during the holidays and wiped me out. :slight_smile:

Timing of this is great … but my credit card is smokin’ during the woot off!

Sigh.

Goodbye SIWBM… I managed to keep you through the Ty Caton Cabernet, but WD knows my weakness for dessert wine. DAMN YOU, WD!!!

(And by “damn you”, I mean “Thank you so so so much!” Really, I do.)

I still have 7 bottles from the last offering. Firstly, if you don’t like sweet, do NOT buy this. This was far sweeter and syrupy than I ever thought it was going to me.

There are great rat reports on this from before, If I was down to my last bottle or two i’d be all over this. It’s got a fantastic golden color, great nose and it’s tastes like a jammy syrup. Soooo good, but so think and sweet that it’s difficult to finish a whole glass.

How will it change? More complex? More sweet? Guess my question is, “Will it IMPROVE with age?”

gave this as a gift at xmas and it was VERY WELL received. very complex and heavy - in a great way.

I know this is off-topic, but I just found out about WTSO and somehow my debit card found its way out of my wallet and it picked up some more bottles of Cab. Why didn’t people warn me how addicting this is!!!

All you people who entered this into your CT as a 750ml purchase…go change it. It needs to be entered as a 375ml bottle size. :tongue:

Compare these specs with those of the '02 Château d’Yquem Sauternes:

2006 Esoterica LH Viognier
Residual Sugar - 35% = 3.5 grams/liter
pH - 3.76
Total Acidity - 6.6 grams/liter
Alcohol - 9.52%

2002 Château d’Yquem
Residual Sugar - 129 grams/liter = 12.9%
pH - not available
Total Acidity - 4.54 grams/liter
Alcohol - 14%

shhh we do not speak of them here. try the pub :wink:

One of my favorites from the past few months! In for 3 sets.

Bonus: the bottles are lovely. My brother turned one bottle into an olive oil container. I might have to borrow this idea from him.

Bought this last time around and shared it with my neighbors. We loved it. Great mouthfeel and big apricot flavors. In for two more.

Limited to just one (payday’s not til Monday. Boo!) but I was sad I missed these last time. My order made the “Get one Now!” button bounce! :wink: