ESPN Game Changer Universal Remote Control – 2 Pack

If you don’t have cable will these still work? Is that a dumb question?

is this a good value ?

i need a remote that will replace all my other remotes.

It doesn’t appear to have the “-” or “.” key needed for some of the digital and HD stations, such as 4.1 or 94-0. Does anyone know if there’s a workaround?

I have this remote but the normal version, no ESPN buttons or logos, no college logos. I’ve been using it for a few years. No complaints really. I find it pretty comfortable, good buttons, whatever.

I only use it with my bedroom TV, no dvd player or anything else. Works from everywhere. For the person who asked how far away, hard to judge since my room is kinda small. But I went out in my living room about 10’ from my door aimed it at the wall across from the TV and it worked :smiley:

So, assuming the signal was bouncing off the wall, that was like 20-25 feet!

Key Chart in the product description says that they can be reprogrammed:
“ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2 program the ESPN channels (or another favorite channel)

Does anyone know if this can be used as an exact replacement of a Comcast DVR remote?

Instead of typing “4.1[Enter]”, type “4[Enter][Channel Up]”. See? It’s a feature. One less button to press!*

*Note, only a feature if extraneous [Enter] is included in the former key combination.

Yup. These are just macro buttons basically that set a favorite channel. You can use them for any channel you want.

I wonder if it works DirecTV boxes. I have had lots of “universal” remotes that could not be programed to work them.

Usually you can also just go to the main station (such as 4) and then press the channel up button to go through the HD channels (4.1, 4.2, etc.)

I don’t see a sleep buttton…

“SLEEP to set the sleep timer on a selected device if equipped with this feature”

wouldnt this have been useful during the football season? if i buy it now, i can loose it and have another one to loose and then have to buy more! wow, that is a great strategy woot…

does anyone know if this will work with a 42inch plasma Vizio tv? i need to be able to change the input

A universal remote will never be a ‘shoe in’ replacement for any devices original remote. These days the functions on TV’s and remotes are so specialized that the only thing that could potentially work like a stock remote probably cost $100 or so,

The 3 ESPN buttons are like speed dial.

Wouldn’t an “exact replacement of a Comcast DVR remote” be… another Comcast DVR remote?

Assuming you’re looking for a remote that is not an exact replacement, but provides all the functionality of a Comcast DVR remote. Don’t know about this one.

I have had decent experience with the Philips remotes that are sold here from time to time. The device lists usually never include the Comcast SD DVR (made by Pace) - who knows why, I’m sure there are only hundreds of thousands of them out there. I use something like a Motorola box setting, and then use the “learn” function to program any features that are missing.

I’m sure a “undo pick” button would make this popular with Colts fans.

I want it to play the NFL or Monday Night Football theme songs whenever I pick it up.

You could probably use it with a Comcast DVR (if it includes codes for it), but it’s not an exact replacement. For example, this remote has no “On Demand” button. It’s going to be far easier to just get another remote from Comcast if you lost or broke yours. You can probably pick one up from your local Comcast office for a minimal fee. Otherwise, I bet they’d mail one to you if you called. Why go to the fuss of trying to program this thing when you can get the real deal pretty easily and cheaply?

Would this work to replace a Tivo Remote?