Estrella Creek Estate Petite Sirah

Hey! Is that posting for the sake of posting?

HEY. Stop that! It’s getting all inception up in here and I’m not even through my first mocha, y’all.

Oh hush you. I’m heading to bed now. Y’all have a fun day of woot-off. See ya this evening.

Seriously? or are you just mad about something?

Average score 66 on CT ? I havn’t seen a score that low since college calculus.

Guess no math major for you?

It’s probably the worst wine I’ve had from here. Way sweet, weird mouthfeel. No PS character.

Guess having an opinion harshes your mellow in the morning. Go buy 3. I don’t care

Oh i was being serious…after seeing the score of 66 I would think you are spot on in your assessment. No offense intended and no thank,I wont be buying this one. Have a good day!

Take it for what it is, but both scores are from the same person and there are no other notes posted.

EDIT: Which by the way was RMM, who posted here.

With the high alcohol and pH it is an easy pass for me.

Oooo a wine.woot-off for my real birthday! Oh happy day! Can I request the candy basket Pecan Caramel Chocolates please? Pretty please? With extra cherries and a pinot noir reduction on top?

Also, I haven’t gotten any woot birthday (or real birthday, incase thats the excuse) coupons in years - what gives?!?

No idea (that’s a service@woot.com question actually), but happy birthday!! :slight_smile:

Okey dokey, I’ll shoot them an email - Thanks Inky!

Just getting around to posting now (stupid West Coast time zone). I have to respectfully disagree with RMM and will happily take any of his remaining if he is in NorCal. Pls PM.
I and my two friends were at D&D and tried this wine and we all enjoyed it very much. I am new to PS so don’t really know what a “classic” profile of PS should be but I liken it to an alternative to Cabernet Sauvignon. Before anyone freaks out what I mean by that is, IMHO, PS is a big(ger) expressive and fruit forward, bold and dark berry profile in a way that some CS can be. I think of PS as being able to hold its own with steak or other rich foods. It’s maybe not as subtle as Pinot Noir or perhaps even as complex as CS, but I enjoy PS and find the Estrella Creek PS to be excellent. It was not hot at all and paired well with a lasagna I made. After about an hour it really mellowed and softened to the point where my wife and I sipped it on its own.
If I had been awake at 4 or 5AM I would have gone in for 3, easily.

Hello rmm989,

My family owns Estrella Creek wines and I’m very sorry to hear that you didn’t like our 2005 Petite Sirah.

Although we strive to produce the highest quality wine possible, we can never be everyone’s favorite wine. Petite Sirah, is made in different styles, through harvesting at different brix, variations in oak treatment, etc. Also, certain bottles can “go bad” through breakdowns in supply chain. The wine could have gotten hot somewhere while traveling which would certainly affect the quality.

That being said, we certainly don’t want you to be unhappy with your purchase of Estrella Creek. so please let us know how many bottles you were unhappy with and we’ll gladly replace them with something else from our line up.

Other current releases include our Estate Grown Syrah; a blend of Syrah, Cab Sauv and Petite Sirah, called Stargazer; and a blend of Syrah and Grenache called Moondancer.

Let us know which wines you’d like us to send in replacement of the Petite’s you didn’t like.

Again, my sincere apologies for your bad experience with our Petite Sirah. We hope to have the opportunity to win you over as a fan of Estrella Creek.

Cheers,

Marc Mays

marc@estrellacreek.com