eufy Smart Bathroom Digital Scale with Bluetooth

eufy Smart Bathroom Digital Scale with Bluetooth

I believe every BT scale uses an app to collect your data, then sells this data to third parties. I don’t care if an app shares my address and email, I do not want my daily personal health data sold to advertisers.
" BY USING THE SERVICES YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED IN THIS DATA POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS DATA POLICY, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES ."

2 Likes

Bought one from mothership 2 days ago for $2 more. Works great. Only downside is it doesn’t work w/Samsung Health.

So, it measures your weight, and if you give it your correct height, it gives you your BMI. How can it possibly measure your body fat percentage and muscle mass through the soles of your feet?

A lot of home scales try to do this with, if I remember right, electrical resistance/impedance through the body. I’m not sure of the accuracy of it as I know mine will change the readings based on how wet/moist/dry my soles are. lol. Probably more of a marketing tactic than anything.

can this be used without connecting to or setting up the app at all?

Yep. Here’s some comments in the Amazon Q&A on this:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/TxWACF7FZODWR/ref=ask_dp_lsw_al_hza?asin=B071ZPW19Q

1 Like

I bought one of these near prime day this year, great scale. The extra features (bmi, muscle mass, etc) are kinda hit or miss, expect them to be more estimates than actual values.

But the scale itself is pretty good.

Not just advertisers but insurance companies and anyone else that can use that data to profile you and others like you. There is no guarantee that your personal data profile will be anonymous.