Eureka Comfort Clean Upright Bagless Vacuum with HEPA Filter

Looks kind of like R2-D2’s misbehaving cousin. That got relegated to cleaning floors instead of exploring the galaxy.

These things are $59.99 at Grocery Outlet

This is a fairly decent vacuum that is used by some professional carpet cleaners…I know because I am one.

A good place to find out about vacuum cleaners is at this site Vacuum Cleaner Reviewer

We see it a lot…people buying vacuums and then NOT using them. Use your vacuum cleaner, it is the single best thing you can do for your carpets.

I know that some units come with a filter that can be washed and does NOT need to be replaced. Is that the case with this unit? The price of replacement HEPA filters can be steep.

In for one but damn New York State sales tax of $6.00. And the tax charge didn’t show up until after I committed. If I didn’t need the vacuum I would cancel!

Crappy polititians do nothing but waste my money to buy their way into winning the next election.

I can’t wait to move outta here! Just two more years.

Doomsday Advice:

The world as we know it could end at any time. Don’t you want your heart to be as clean as it can be when it happens?

Bought this Eureka from Woot! in Sept 2010. Light, sturdy, great suction, easy to maneuver, attachments work well, easy to empty, and the cord zips back into its storage area when I am finished. Very pleased. Highly recommend.

Has washable filters. Haven’t done it yet, though.

I bought two of these last time on Woot, (one for each hand) and they work great, I have a dog and cat in the house and it picks up their pet hair just great. I have a couple of rooms with bare floors and it works good there too. The brush attachment gets the hair off the couch and chairs too. I am very pleased with the purchase.

Actually I got the other vacuum for my girlfriend, (yeah, I know, very romantic, sorry ladies, I’m taken). Now we get together and vacuum on a Saturday night. It’s amazing how creative you can get with a vacuum and a little alcohol.

Coincidentally, we’re in the market for a new vacuum. The specs and the ratings look good, so I’m in for one.

I really wish I had carpet so I could buy this!

I purchased this vacuum from a recent woot and have not regretted it. It picks up a LOT and works very well. The telescoping wand and height adjustment are back savers.

Hint: Next time you have a purchase around this price (I think $50 is the cutoff), use the coupon code “TAXSUCKS” at checkout.

We’re in the market for a vacuum cleaner. We’re not against spending a little more to get a good one - but which is the best? The reviews I’ve read for this one online have the following cons:
Short cord
Belt breaks easily
Heavy

Can anyone who owns this provide more info?? This seems like a good deal and Eureka seems like a respectable brand… but should I spend the extra cash and get a fancier one??

Speaking from experience, I’ve gotta agree with you there.

But I’d never thought to have a girl involved as well - cool!

I hate to come off as a vacuum cleaner know-it-all but I have used many vacuum cleaners because of my profession.

The Dysons are good vacuum cleaners…really good in some areas, but they are expensive.

The price on this Woot is really really good, and this is a good vacuum cleaner, especially for the price.

One of our favorite places to get reviews and sometimes by vacuum cleaners is at Vacuum Cleaner Reviewer. But even this place can’t beat the price on this vacuum.

The main thing is to use any vacuum that you buy. The vacuum being sold on Woot is more than good enough.

Distant cousins?

Thanks for that tip! It worked great, except I live in WA, land of high tax rates, so It didn’t wash away all the tax, but most.

Anyone know the electrical requirements for it?

Since I’m living in Kuwait right now, need to know if I’d just need a plug adapter or if I’d need a converter.

I think we need a few more details on how creative you and your gf are being.