Ever paid Woot on PayPal then had your PayPal account hacked right after?

I just used PayPal to pay for my Woot. I had not used it for years prior and then later that day my PayPal account was hacked and an unauthorized transaction was issued. I’m worried Woot may have a security breach somewhere. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I can promise you that we take privacy/security extremely seriously. Certainly talk to PayPal about the breech, and if you’re still concerned that the issue stemmed from us, you’re welcome to email service@woot.com with a phone number we can reach you at to talk to you further about our policies and what steps you need to take now to re-secure your account.

no, but you may have spyware or the like on your computer.

My I recommend never using a public computer for logging into accounts with sensitive information.

Also, try downloading and running some software to clear your computer of potential infections.
Malwarebytes - http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Security Essentials - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download

Should take care of most everything.

Coincidentally, during the wootoff, myself and a few other posters had spyware/trojans install themselves onto our computers or had warnings from their antivirus software that woot wasn’t safe. I just noticed that my credit card that I have only used for woot and a handful of other sites has some fraudulent authorizations on it starting a few days ago. I can’t definitively blame this on woot yet, but it seems very suspicious. I have never been tricked into installing spyware onto my system before, and this one just seemed to install itself during the wootoff, like when the ads change themselves. I don’t know how the site works, but could the ad server have been hacked and be feeding viruses onto unsuspecting visitors?

you probably had a pre-existing keylogger on your computer, it just didn’t strike until now. 99.99% of the time, when getting hacked, it’s something hiding on your computer, and rarely the work of a crooked transaction.

I am having the same issue with Woot. They are a pre-approved payment provider in my Paypal account. Twice now in the last 4 months, as soon as I buy a woot shirt, a day later, Paypal says my account has been compromised. I finally caught on when it only happens when I buy from Woot. I have since removed Woot from my pre-approved merchants hoping that helps but I will no longer buy from Woot using Paypal.

So why are you blaming Woot? Why aren’t you pointing the finger at Paypal?

Just curious. I’ve bought tons of stuff from woot, never used paypal–and this far I’ve not had any problems. So if it’s Woot, why would the problem target only Paypal users?

I’ve never had this happen.

I don’t use paypal to buy, but I’ve never had a hack on my credit card either. This isn’t my only woot account, so I think it is safe to assure you that I’ve made a few transactions.

Technically the other account is my husbands, but you get the idea.

I use PayPal everywhere, including tons of purchases from Woot, and I’ve never had a problem.

I have had my debit card compromised before…but not from an online purchase, it was actually from a brick and mortar purchase!