Everex Sempron 3000+ 1.6GHz Desktop PC with 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

WOW 279.00 for a paycheck. Poor guy.

I would buy this if it had it was a flat panel 19" LCD but it’s not. I would have just installed Server 2003 and a cheap crappy server.

netbook performance? Check.
netbook price? Check.
netbook size? Uh…
netbook mobility? If you got strong arms and a giant backpack battery pack…

Pass.

my left shoelace has more memory. I’d get it for the well-constructed box it comes in.

That’s actually more than my full-time weekly paycheck from my last job.

But for this job, I only work weekends and get paid bi-weekly. Full-time student, yo.

It is a flat panel 19" widescreen LCD. I suppose you don’t like the widescreen and want the 4:3 instead of the 16:9?

hey is that with shipping?

Even linux is starting to get dicey on ‘slow’ single-processor machines. I’m running a 1.8MHz Sempron and CPU hogs like Firefox and Adobe Reader don’t perform terribly well. Most things are still pretty darn zippy, though, and there’s no comparison with windows where memory usage is concerned (with 512MiB, I almost never see anything going to swap).

exactly. I call the widescreen widescreen and the square ones flat panel. I don’t want videos on the screen and it’s anoying to drag your mouse all the way to the other end.

Hey…Listen here all you jaded web dorkmo’s. I guess you don’t remember what happiness feel’s like because your quad cored your sense of appreciation, but think of it this way, growing up on commodore 64 I would have sold my sole to the devil for this sys!!! ITS XMAS TIME, this is the perfect gift for the 7 year old that needs face book!

I have an 3 and a half year old dual core AMD. I would have sold my soul for a better system. :stuck_out_tongue: but hey. he’s right

Ok, I have an everex gc2500.

I got it free. good thing. It has been nothing but PROBLEMS. First, the memory gives out, then the HDD, Now I think the onboard Video is kaput.

I gave this to my daughter brand new 2 yrs ago. I think she has had maybe 15% satisfaction.

I am buying her a new pc for xmas. no more free crap and no more everexx

Maybe an emachines or a dell.

I have the money & motivation to get another system, but this is just too far below the bar for me

Not even for that. I’m pretty sure Windows Basic is going to be missing most of the multimedia stuff, your page load time is likely to be atrocious, your anti-virus/spyyware won’t have enough memory to run, and in 2 years, when she has to type papers for 3rd grade, you’ll be trying to figure out how to cut bitmaps into
WordPad, because it won’t handle anything better. And (speaking from experience, here), she’ll be mad because it isn’t a laptop.

2-Button Ball-Mouse with Scroll Function?
Good thing it scrolls, cause otherwise I’d think it was really old.

I just can’t wrap my mind around the concept. Side-to-side across my wide screen (albeit 17") monitor is less than 4", and I can do it without moving my wrist.

If you’re looking for a server with a 7" monitor so you can shove it into a small, dark place, I could see the objection to a 19" monitor (maybe). But moving the freaking mouse is too hard? I am left speechless.

It’s really not a bad deal, but the buyer NEEDS to know how to add RAM. If that monitor is $150 and Windows is $50, you’re paying virtually nothing for the rest of it. Max out the RAM for $30 and throw a $100 video card in there, you’re talking about a pretty fair messin-around system for $400

I actually own an everex Explora Gs28 I got as a christmas present a few years ago. Hubby got it at sams for around $350. I put some more ram and a 500 gig HD in it and it never has given me any trouble. Well the keyboard was bad out of the box tho, hmm if I remember right they sent me a new one with a prepaid shipping label to send the old one back. UPS wouldn’t take it tho said it wasn’t paid for and when I called back to tell them the Number had been disconnected.

Is this worth buying just for the monitor?

yeah i’m wondering what the spcs are on the monitor.
Refresh rate?
contrast ratio?