Everglide S-500 Professional Headphones

can you use these with ipod or iphone?

I ordered these last time they were on woot…very comfortable, great quality sound, nice long cord, my only complaints are that they are much bigger and bulkier than i thought, they are huge…also the cord is bent permanently from being wound up in the package, its coating is stiff so it doesnt seem like it is going to straighten out, but not that big of a deal with the cord, just wish that they were less bulky.

The 20 dollar ones are all refurbished. Sounds dirty. :slight_smile:

Soak the cord in hot water for a minute and then lay out straight to cool.

Haibane,

Thanks for the link. I 've never heard of headphone amps before.

I do most of my listening on computer or mp3 players using headphones. Should I be using a headphone amp. ?

Hmmm I didn’t see that, thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

Yes it looks like refurb headphones can be dirty

You should be able to, as long as it’s not in a bulky case. From what I’ve heard so far, though, these aren’t the most portable headphones you can find, but they should work if you really want them to.

Got the Sennheiser RS-110’s last October – real Sennheiser drivers instead of gamers, wireless, same price.

I heard there were issues with the headphones jack on the iPhones so be careful. I think it’s recessed and that makes it hard to plug-in most headphones jack into it.

See that blog for more info or just ask Google about it

bulky headphones let the world know you like to listen to your music as opposed to just hearing it with earbuds.

as much as i love my bose around-ear headphones i cant keep re-duct taping them together every hour. these look a lil more sturdy, so yeh first woot.

i’ve got one of these from a wootoff a long time ago. they’re a pretty solid pair of headphones, although some people may not like the bulkiness of them.

Edit:

however, the plasticy fabric on the cushion part that goes on top of your head is starting to tear. maybe my hair’s just too rough.

I’ve already got 2 pairs of these (1 for @ home, and 1 for on the road), wooted 2 more tonight just in case my other ones break (had them for a while and they haven’t yet, but you never know).

I’ve used all sorts of headphones before including plantronics and logitech, and I’ll take a pair of these over any other headphones I’ve ever used any day. These are simply the best set of headphones I have EVER used :smiley:

Thanks w00t for the great pricing!

“Warrior is about to die” Is that from oldschool gauntlet?

Paid the same for mine and I concur 99%! They can get a little heavy after 3-4 hours of straight gaming. Also sometimes my ears get hot on a hot day, but they are very comfortable. Other positives they have a really long cord and the mic is good even though it is a clip on.

“suffers from lack of bass” per reviews

In for one. Hoping they’ll be as good as the testimonials suggest.

I have this irrational fear that the black plastic is gonna look very plasticky though >_> can anyone comment on the aesthetics?

got one
now back to catching up on lost :slight_smile:

I’m very happy with mine. They’re rather large, but I have a relatively large head. Most headphones get really uncomfortable because they smush my ears, but my ears fit totally inside these. So, I’m getting another pair!

I bought these off Woot awhile back too. They’re very nice gaming headphones; sound effects like footsteps and gunshots are very clear, adding realism/making it easier to hear what’s around you.

Not so much for music. They’re decent, and better than your random $5 GE phones, but it’s obvious listening to them that they’re not really set up for music. Not a good buy if you’re not planning on gaming with them. Sennheiser makes better lower-priced headphones.

As others have said, the mic kind of sucks, but it’s kind of nice that you can clip the mic on with a different pair of headphones if you want to when you’re not gaming.

VenerableBean,

What is it that you like about the Grados & what is your experience with headphones.
I used Sony MDR-V6 until I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pro. I like all types of music but I tend to favor high pitch sounds, like violins , over bass.