Everglide S-500 Professional Headphones

bought these last time and they snapped and are completely unusable

cheap plastic :mad:

they were great up until then though

They are GREAT $25 headphones. They are quite large, but not heavy, and cover your whole ear so help keep out external noise (for us with spouses that complain about too much computer time). I’ve worn these for hours at a time with very little ear discomfort.

The sound is actually quite good. The sound blew away all the other $20-$30 headphones I’ve been using that last 6 months at most. A long cloth-type cord is very nice, you don’t have to worry about the cord bending and the wires being damaged. I Wooted two pair three months ago, one to use and one for a spare since I seem to go through them often. The second pair is gathering dust as the first pair is quite sturdy and has had no problems.

the everglide site says they’re professional gaming headphones…
…i guess credit to woot for saying more with less. too bad that’s deceptive.

I wooted these the last time they were up. Someone commented in the previous woot that the cord stays sprialed, but it straightened out completely within two weeks of unwrapping it. I use mine constantly for school and I’ve had no issues with the sound or the leather peeling. They are also quite comfortable. Granted, I’m not as picky as some other wooters, but you can’t beat one of these for $20 bucks.

I’ve got two pairs of the white ones. They’re fantastic. Sound quality is great, as well as build quality. The thick cord is actually a big pro in my book. Most importantly, they’re super comfortable – up to about 10 hours or so.

Also worth noting is the size-- they’re bigger than I imagined. Also a pro, in my book.

To all those asking…YES, you can use these in any device with a standard 3.5mm (1/8" mini) headphone jack. Buy some adapters from Radio Shack and you can use them with your 2.5mm cell phone or 6.35mm (1/4") stereo jack.

Haha, i wear these at my stockroom job. People notice.

don’t knock till you try

if you people want some REAL headphones not these fakes… get SENNHEISER HD-280. check em out on amazon. They are the best sounding headphones you can get for the money (around 80-100 bucks). I use them for audio- engineering. The headphones they have advertised here are for gaming, not for music listening.

Here is a question for those that have them. I usually listen to FM radio when I cut the lawn. I have a pair of hearing protectors over the earbuds. It can get uncomfortable. Would I just be able to substitute these headphones?

Yes, it will work w/ your Ipod

you work for SENNHEISER, don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Whether headphones are “Advertised” for gaming or music, good headphones are good headphones for whatever you use them. forget the marketing scheme.

They are decent at noise canceling but they don’t hug your ears as much as hearing protectors…

lol no dont work for sennheiser but just saying some good ones to get. but these ones for 15 bucks isnt bad at all… go for it! :slight_smile:

Yes. They really do keep out noise. Shooting a concert at church, I could clearly hear the line feed coming through the camera and not the ambient noise around me. They do get hot, though. I really do like them, and am toying with getting a set to use at home while playing Guitar Hero after the kids go to bed…

Do your kids know you’re playing their guitar hero? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s my Guitar Hero, not theirs. The Wii is mine too, it was my Christmas gift. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the money the sound quality great, just try them. Give them as Christmas or Birthday presents and someone will think you paid much more for them. I’ve brought $150 headphones that didn’t sound as good as these.

I’m in love with my Sennheisers, don’t wast your money on no name headphones. Just go get a good pair from newegg.

If you want real comfort for long gaming sessions, look into “open” headphones, they are great!