Everyday Genius Institute Wine Genius DVD

Yeah, dodgy it seems. Wonder if this DVD is kosher

I don’t need a DVD to be more of a wine snob than I already am.

According to the Amazon reviews, it’s all things to all people. There’s even a review by a non-wine drinker who claims it helped him somehow… seriously.

Since this doesn’t specifically say it’s kosher, can I safely assume that it’s not??

It’s a shame. I’d love to hear from someone here who has watched this. And please don’t say “I like this product because it eases the learning about wine.”

Are you suggesting that those reviews might not be kosher?

Um… am I the only person on the planet who calls this “product” a DVD?

From the first three pages of Amazon reviews:

*A great product for any wine lover

This product is definitely worth the purchase and makes a great gift for family and friends. Wow the oenophiles in your life by giving them the gift of Genius Wine Master.

This product is great for anyone interested in learning more about wine.

This product generates a sense of casual elegance that sets the stage for wine-tasting.

This is one fine product, and THE perfect gift for the winter holidays, Valentine’s Day, engagement parties, weddings and anniversaries.

This product completely changed my relationship with wine…This product really gives you information you can use.

I highly recommend this product if you are new to wine tasting or like to improve your skills.

I highly recommend this product.

This is a amazing product that can change your wine drinking experience, dramatically improving your enjoyment of the nuances and complexities in each glass of wine you enjoy! For anyone who wants to model the master traits of a sommelier to enhance their wine experience, this product is a must! In fact there are several everyday genius products, and I have seen them all, this is essential product line.

Thank you so much for such a great product!

Before getting this product, I knew how to go through the motions of wine tasting, but I never really understood the goals very well…The bottom line is that this product has changed the way that I think about, and taste, wine forever and it was so simple to do. If you want to learn how to really appreciate wine, in new and different ways, this is a great product.

This is a great product, and a great way to learn. *

MSNBC.com has a little profile on the author’s favorite wines (hint: he loves the french ones):

I’m suggesting that if you’re thinking about buying “this product” and you’re basing your decision on those reviews, you might want to read the reviews first, rather than just looking at Amazon’s star rating.

And those reviews might be slightly less suspicious if one… just one… were an Amazon Verified Purchase.

somehow i don’t think using the vinturi would help this product…

Beat me to it. Also, 49 reviews seems like a lot for something that apparently just became available in April and has a sales ranking of 215,153 in the “books” category.

Good point.

Once, I was a two-time a week wine idiot savant. Then, I bought a DVD that allowed me to expand my twice-a-week know-it-all into an “everyday” genius. Seriously, my neighbors have elected me to pretentious wine genius emeritus. Did I actually sample any of the benchmark wines the DVD raves about? Of course not, however, I have purchased a DVD. My palate has expanded. My appreciation of the nose and boquet have never been better. I owe it all to this DVD. (caveat: may or may not be a shill amazon review)

Perhaps those folks all found the hidden track on the DVD, “Everyday Genius Institute Amazon Reviews Genius”.

I am with you! Still waiting for 6 bottles. I will settle for a DVD. For now.

The FedEx website says that my Corison and Wellington orders are on the truck for delivery today. It’s gonna be a great weekend! Woot!

Not available on Netflix. If your mac has a dvd player, it’ll work.

My two cases of Schramsberg still haven’t shipped (they’re only going from NJ to NY!).

Also waiting on my Corison from the last offering. Hoping to pick up some more at 11:00 over at RueLaLa. Shameless plug for RLL, join here for Corison today at 11:00 am EST

In for one. Sounds like a good deal. Always can learn more about wine. Best part is you get to drink wine while you practice! If they had one about cheese I would purchase that as well.