Evolution Power Banks

800 mAmp output is not enough to charge most phones. Sorry.

Similar specs for less and free shipping. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA21U0R84924&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Any amount of amperage (current) that isn’t negative (flowing out of the phone) will charge the battery. It just won’t do it as fast as a charger that can output 1.5A, for example.

This thing has a capacity of 2600mAh. The standard iPhone 5 battery has a capacity of about 1432mAh. So you could almost do two full charges on an standard iPhone 5 with this. Each charge should take a little over an hour and a half.

Actually no, you can’t. You’ll be lucky to get a 70% conversion rate out of that 2600 mAh, which means you’ll get about 1 full charge and then a scoonch more. The 2600 mAh figure is that the battery on the device will store, not how much it’s capable of feeding your phone.

Science!!

Much better deal on Amazon.

7800mAh for $24.99
Here is the slickdeals forum post
http://slickdeals.net/f/6068696-RAVPower-7800mah-external-battery-for-24-99-on-Amazon-with-code

"There was a problem

The promotional code you entered has expired."

Must have expired at midnight CST or so.

I got the exact same thing, but without “evolution” written on the side, from ebay for $7.19 w/free shipping. It just came in the mail, today.

Bazinga!

This a tough crowd tonight. Beating up on the Woot sellers.

Actually, you’re all wrong about the capacity comparisons. You have to take voltage into account and your efficiency calculation is wrong.

These chargers are 5v. At 2600mAh, that’s 13000mWh.

The iPhone 5 battery is 3.8v at 1440mAh, or 5472mWh.

The 30% efficiency loss figure is an approximate characterization (it can be up to 40%) of simple AC to USB/DC power converters and not accurate for a direct DC-DC conversion as between a USB brick and USB phone charger.

So you’ll get around 2 complete charges from this for an iPhone 5.

I have had this for a few months and use it as an emergency backup only. The biggest problem is a flaw in the case design. The power on button is raised and is easily depressed in my computer bag or purse. When I reach for it the little blue power light is on and the battery is almost gone. What this needs is a hard case (like a lipstick case?)to keep it from accidentally turning on.