Excalibur 3900B 9-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator

Excalibur 3900B 9-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator

Dehydrated bacon… would that be good or would that be like dividing by zero?

I know it wouldn’t last long due to the fat content but it’s also bacon jerky & how long is that going to last anyway

Sounds like you’re aware fat goes rancid when you dehydrate. I think that is a lot of fat content to try to do at home. I did however cut off as much fat as i could from a ham, cut it to spiral ham width pieces, and threw those in. Wow. Didn’t even spice or flavor it. Cant believe they don’t sell ham jerky anywhere.

I have this Excalibur, btw, and it blows away any big brand store bought dehydrator i’ve purchased over the years.

I hear the tray in this model are less than adequate. What has been your experience using the plastic trays for meats? Has anyone purchased the stainless steel trays for it? If so where did you get them and what was the cost? TIA

I haven’t had any problems at all with the plastic trays and meat. I do ground beef through a jerky gun. Have maybe 25# through mine this way.

Pictures on the product do not exactly match what is being sold.

The pictures show that it goes down to 95 degrees.
You can see in two separate photos the dial goes to 95 and the description of the heat levels also goes to 95.

What is actually shipped though only goes down to 105 at the lowest.

I’m sorry the item was different than shown. I’ll let the Home team know.

In the meantime, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.