Excalibur 4GB USB 2.0 Portable Drive

I can’t seem to find anything anywhere about this…

4gb physical drive??? Yes thats just what i need, my 4gb hard disk to get dropped and crash on me.

PASS.

This is too big. Not very portable and might block other USB ports on your computer.

4 gigs for 25 is a good deal – it is a big of a goon though

"Hey, when you look at the word “sword” over and over, it starts to look more like it should be pronounced “S-word”

I totally agree… It says a lot about the product.

Looks like cheap plastic crap with cheap plastic crap label printing. I hate ESL manufacturers.

I think they had an 8GB one in the woot-off for the same price…

I already have a portable drive but this is a good deal.

i’d buy it if it was pink and shaped like a pig, but a lighter look-alike?? naw

even with the so called usb flex connector…i’m thinking that tons of people will have problems using this, having it block other ports, hard to access, etc…

nothxwoot

yeah, the one I bought, that im pretty sure is the same thing, comes up as an IDE drive

Nice price for 4 gigs, I’d buy one for work if work didn’t already buy a 4 gig flash drive for me :slight_smile: I bought a leak-frog during the woot-off specifically to attach to a roomba…I’m HOPING that we’ll see a roomba discovery soon (hint hint)

Oh man, I was about to just JUMP on this deal, but it’s not flash-based. Shoulda noticed when I read that it has RPMs right?

Hey, what’s the problem with hard drive USB storage anyway? Is the the speed THAT drastically reduced from flash to HD?

I had an earlier 4KB version of this about 20 years ago.
It used vacuum tubes, this one is much better.
I think I’ll upgrade and get the newest version here.

The 8gig was 49.99

HUUUUUH???

This seems like a decent price. I have one that’s similar, though not an Excalibur brand. One thing to keep in mind is that these are not flash drives, they’re micro-hard drives. They can get pretty hot to the touch when left plugged in or if you’re transferring lots of files. Heat and PC equipment don’t mix.

cool, but I bought the 8gb flash drive during the Wootoff

:slight_smile:

I like the description. The drive doesn’t sound bad for the price, considering I paid the same for 1GB of Flash (Corsair Voyager, me thinks).

I’ll take a Carsomyr +6, though.

shop smart, shop S-mart!

During the woot off it was $49.99 I think for the 8 GB.