Expression 44° Pinot Noir - 2 Pack

Cat, Sparky, and I had these at the Fulton Lane winemaker’s breakfast in Feb '09, I think at Michael Chiarello’s house.

Don’t have detailed notes, but I remember really enjoying them. A really nice job with these, as with other wines in the Expression series, showing the impact of latitude and terroir on New World Pinot.

Curious how an Oregon wine make its way into a California competition?

Bring back the Wine Soiree! Please!

Despite the Monday offering, I must ask, “Is this Kosher?”

No. Again, for the umpteenth time, no it is not. I feel like a broken record, but you should assume that EVERY SINGLE WINE OR FOOD ITEM ON HERE IS NOT KOSHER unless the description specifies otherwise.

Unless you see one of the following producers’ names, don’t even ask whether the wine is kosher:
Baron Herzog
Brobdignagian
Carmel
Covenant
Don Ernesto (Hagafen)
Farbrengen
Hagafen
Herzog
Four Gates
Generation VIII (Herzog)
Kedem
Kesser
Kiddush Hashem
Laufer
Manischewitz
Prix/Prix Hagafen (it’s a pun)
Oz Wine
Rashi
Red C (Covenant)
Red Fern
Seloh
Silver Cloud
Waterford (Livermore, CA)
Weinstock
W (by Weinstock)
Zakon

Please write this list down. It’s comprehensive, and I’d prefer to not have to write it again. Having this almost always inapplicable question repeated ad nauseam makes me bhomicidal.

Oregon Pinot Noir is as close to an auto-buy as I have, so in for 1. I know the price will be a factor for some, but as a general rule good Pinot should cost over $20/bottle.

Does it bother anyone that the state of Oregon is black on map?

Do they have so much good Pinot up there that they are not buying this? Whats up Oregon

Cheers!

CHILL, all ready

These are the wines that are made domestically? I only ask this as there are some that aren’t on here that I enjoy; Dalton, Segals, Canaan.

That’s the list of domestic producers, as it’s exceedingly unlikely that you’ll see the ones you’ve mentioned (or other foreign origin wines not imported by Cellar360) on wine woot. If we’re offered non-domestic wines (ala intlgerard or Cellar360 offerings), we’ll be told of their origin, and we can assume that any Israeli wine offered here will be kosher. Non-Kosher Israeli wines, while really lovely, are barely in any retail stores in the US, and are not anywhere near the kind of volume that would be large enough to offer here.

Because us West Coasters are just waking up and getting to work to log onto Woot!!

Well now that you’ve settled that issue, now we’re going to keep getting asked “is this certified Salmon Safe?” for everything. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and a little more tech information can be found here (Willakia and Roserock), but I still can’t find TA or pH information anywhere.

Really wish this was the Monday offering so we could get some Rat support.

Yes, though unintentional, that serendipitous numerical connection was not missed by others either.

I think you mean “unfortunate” :).

Hi there xp! Apart from the TA and acid questions asked above (please!), I have a question you might enjoy:

What are your favourite Pinots (American and / or French) to drink yourself?
And after that, do you aim to make your wine a little like any of those other wines you mention?

thank you! :slight_smile:

the Burghound review posted on the actual website (see bottom of page) hints at some heat on the finish, contrary to the post someone made above. From the info so far I’m still not entirely sure of how these fit into the grand scale of tasty things.

So, it’s Kosher then? and I hear 35% of Americans think Ovbama is Jewish.

You forget that a non-kosher bottle might well migrate to the States if an African swallow found and transported it.