PRODUCTS:
1 2008 Expression 44° Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills
1 2008 Expression 44° Pinot Noir Zena Crown™ Vineyard Eola-Amity Hills
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
8/25/10

black tie buy?

I finally popped open one of my bottles from the August offering (the 2006 Willakia) and thought it was pretty good - subtle, earthy, everything you expect from a good Oregon Pinot and well worth the $25.

What makes these specimens justify ten bucks more?

Does Paul Giamatti drink this brand?

Black tie?

How about platinum…too rich for my tender palate for a pinot. regretting not pulling the trigger for the previous woot now. :frowning:

Love a premium juice, but this i’ll let the real lovers take advantage of this one. my credit card ran into the other room and took refuge under the pile of corks accumulated from other winewoots. i hope i can find it before i need groceries…

OTOH, i may be missing out on the nectar of the gods.

The 2007 Roserock was very nice, but I’m asking myself more or less the same thing k1avg seems to be wondering. I’d like to hear what xppinotguy has to say about the inflation on these bottles… I know 2008 was a good year for Oregon, will these be that much better than the 2007?

Podcast won’t play for me - anyone else had luck with it?

As long as it’s not their f*@#ing merlot :slight_smile:

Pinot Noir is my favorite. so tempted…

someone convince me one way or the other! :slight_smile:

Nope, not playing for me either.

Winery prices:

2008 Expression 44°Pinot Noir Zena Crown™ Vineyard Eola-Amity Hills - $75

2008 Expression 44° Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills - $36 (the 2007 is also $36)

The notes do say “2008 proved to be among one of the finest vintages that the Willamette Valley has seen in recent memory.”

Questions for the winery:

Can we get pH and TA on these wines?

Thank you.

Looking into the voice mail. Hang tight.

Edit: The coders tell me we should be good to go now!

I wasn’t able to find what the shipping would be but assuming it’s $10 at minimum, this set would be $121 shipped. That’s $46 in savings, about 38% off, not too bad. Everything I’ve read about the vintage for this region is making this hard to resist. Still…

Alright, well I guess that makes the question “what’s so awesome about the Zena Crown?”

how long could/should we cellar this for?

Lovingly caressed by a warrior princess?

Tell me about it, I was just reading comments on the last one a few minutes ago, not realizing it was yesterday’s posting, went for the buy and it changed to this! Whoops.

Up and running, Danke!