Exquisite Hotel Collection All Season Down Alternative Comforter

I did a little digging. “Hotel Collection” is the brand, it’s a sub-brand of Macy’s. It’s been hard to narrow this down further as I cannot find a product labelled with the word “exquisite” or with an appropriate threadcount (per Macy’s website even the cheaper Hotel Collection comforters appear to be 400+).

There is the “All Season” down alternative comforter, filled with “Primaloft” on sale $160-190 (400TC), 4.9/5, 220 reviews.

Then there’s the “Luxury” down alternative comforters (450TC), $190-220, 4.5/5, 42 reviews.

Both are normally $300+, but the “Luxury” comforter is the only one on Macy’s website that looks like the ones Woot is selling and is a “down alternative”. I’d say all the positive reviews of the products even at high prices bodes well, but then again Woot’s product appears to be nearly 1/2 the threadcount which gives me pause.

I’ll update if I track down more details. If these really are dope comforters for $20 I’m definitely snagging one, I’ve needed a new one for awhile.

e1: At the moment, the only other vendor I see selling a product by this exact name is Groupon (220TC), for a bit more money but with more colors. They previously had one for sale that was only in white, but the same name & TC.

e2: sigh
Well Overstock thinks the brand is “Exquisite Hotel” but no one else does, and some shady website called DailySale has the exact same listing as Woot but more expensive. Woot definitely has this thing the cheapest of anyone who currently has it, and maybe has ever.

But I still don’t know where it comes from, or if it’s really made by Hotel Collection or if it’s good so…
shrug

https://www.amazon.com/Ella-Jayne-Home-Collection-Alternative/dp/B00JFC7P34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487160980&sr=8-1&keywords=Exquisite+Hotel+Collection+All+Season+Down+Alternative+Comforter

found on amazon. not quite 335.00
amazon has for 44.00

List isn’t going price on the market. It’s the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Kinda like the sticker price on a car.

You are going through an awful lot of trouble for a 20 bucks comforter. Unless you’re allergic to something it’s made with … I have to say who the hell cares where it’s made or whom makes it. Seems like you’re too focused on something that’s really not important. I have purchased these comforts and they are very nice. If you want top quality high end stuff… you have to shop that in person. If you just need a comforter… than this one does the job nicely.

[quote
postid=“7077767” user=“HaberDashery”]
I did a little digging. “Hotel Collection” is the brand, it’s a sub-brand of Macy’s. It’s been hard to narrow this down further as I cannot find a product labelled with the word “exquisite” or with an appropriate threadcount (per Macy’s website even the cheaper Hotel Collection comforters appear to be 400+).

There is the “All Season” down alternative comforter, filled with “Primaloft” on sale $160-190 (400TC), 4.9/5, 220 reviews.

Then there’s the “Luxury” down alternative comforters (450TC), $190-220, 4.5/5, 42 reviews.

Both are normally $300+, but the “Luxury” comforter is the only one on Macy’s website that looks like the ones Woot is selling and is a “down alternative”. I’d say all the positive reviews of the products even at high prices bodes well, but then again Woot’s product appears to be nearly 1/2 the threadcount which gives me pause.

I’ll update if I track down more details. If these really are dope comforters for $20 I’m definitely snagging one, I’ve needed a new one for awhile.

e1: At the moment, the only other vendor I see selling a product by this exact name is Groupon (220TC), for a bit more money but with more colors. They previously had one for sale that was only in white, but the same name & TC.

e2: sigh
Well Overstock thinks the brand is “Exquisite Hotel” but no one else does, and some shady website called DailySale has the exact same listing as Woot but more expensive. Woot definitely has this thing the cheapest of anyone who currently has it, and maybe has ever.

But I still don’t know where it comes from, or if it’s really made by Hotel Collection or if it’s good so…
shrug
[/quote]

I think I love you.

Woot’s cheap down alternative comforters are pretty good. I’ve purchased a bunch of them at various times, and they hold up well. Never cared who the manufacturer was.

The people that want to know specific brands are likely resellers :wink:

I’m just wondering if these are made by the same company who made the really good comforters offered a week or so ago. They look similar, but then most comforters would…

dgaf who manufactures it, but reading reviews is nice. yes, it’s only $25, but that’s not nothing to me. always good to know whether it’s something that feels like the outside of a sleeping bag and falls apart/bunches up/pills after the first wash, or it’s something of decent quality.

comforter i have now was a deal from either here or groupon and 2.5 years later it looks brand new. meanwhile, a set of sheets i got in the same order completely shredded within the first year, never seen anything like it. (and wouldn’t have spent $5 on them had i known, nevermind $25.)

Thanks for the research. :slight_smile:

I am tempted to order but would like to know if they are really all season. On Carnival cruises, the beds have a comforter that is awesome no matter the temps. I’m hoping this is like those, for a much better price! Your thoughts are appreciated.

Definitely not a $300 comforter. Mine arrived yesterday. Looks and feels like something you could buy at Walmart for about the same price. Not impressed!

Just got mine today. I would not have paid even $10. It’s about 1/2 as “lofty” as the picture, so it’s thin, cheap feeling. After the first wash it’s filling was coming out from all sewn edges. NOT WORTH IT.

Very disappointed in this purchase. Bought two of these. They are almost like sleeping bag material - look cheap, feel cheap, and are uncomfortable. It’s like sleeping with a plastic bag over you - suffocatingly hot with no air movement. I’m not sure what I’ll do with these - it would be almost cruel to give them to a shelter. This is the first Woot I’ve ever really regretted.