Extravagonzo Specialty Culinary Infused Oils Four - Pack

Wine Woot! Not Oil Woot!
I’m in need of some good $10 bottle whites…
Help me woot! Give me a 6 pack!

Not exactly.
Here is the quote from last time.

“Hmm, no details are given for the grapeseed oil. I wouldn’t want such fine olive oil mixed with a refined industrial oil, though it seems like an odd combination.”

"Nope, we use a very high quality Grapeseed Oil for our blend, it raises the smoke point, adds a nutty/buttery consistency, increases healthfulness (antioxidants, vitamin “E”, etc) and diffentiates Extravagonzo from the rest of the EVOO crowd."T
Just says “very high quality” without any details, cold pressed is NOT stated for the grapeseed oil.

Heck no! I want some 20 to 30 dollars bottles!

Cheers

How big are these bottles? I suck at visualizing… are we talking normal-wine-bottle size? bottle-of-coke size? TIA.

Thanks, I’m not particularly convinced of the grapeseed oil quality considering this snippet taken from wisegeek.com:

“Because each seed yields a small amount of oil, grapeseed oil is usually extracted chemically.”

Perhaps a company rep can chime in (preferably before this sells out :))? Would be much appreciated.

Check the previous woot thread the rep talked oh so long on that subject.

Cheers

Same set here for $80+shipping. Great deal WOOT!

http://rojos-gourmet-foods.amazonwebstore.com/Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Gift-Set/M/B001IAW3RY.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Gee Mr, Mrs, Miss, (or whatever) encyclopedia, I’m SOOOoooo very glad that YOU have such an exciting life that you can go back to scour the archives to find the EXCAT QUOTE for idiots like myself who didn’t quote something that was written exactly word for word. IF you took the time to notice, I did NOT use quotation marks. I was MERELY PARAPHRASING in an attempt to try to be helpful and answer someone elses question. However, thank you so very much for the obviously much needed correction that you had given me.

These oils are absolutely fantastic - drizzling a tiny bit of the lemon on fresh, steamed broccoli completely elevates the taste - I just had that for dinner last night, with a ribeye seared in the red chili oil cut with a little butter. And they’re all just wonderful to work with

Yahoo! Something I can actually purchase from wine.woot instead of just fantasizing about. Re: no alcohol shipments to dry state of Maryland.

They are half the size of a wine bottle. In relation to a 20 oz coke bottle, they are about the same height, but not as wide. They contain about 13 oz of liquid.

You gave incorrect information that I simply corrected. If you want to be “helpful” do not answer someones question by providing misleading information! You did not “merely paraphrase” you stated the grapeseed oil was cold pressed when,in fact, the company representative never made such a statement. You also stated they use “only the highest quality oil they can obtain” when,again, the company rep simply said very high quality. Get your facts straight or learn to handle correction like an adult. The person who posed the question was concerned about the quality of the grapeseed oil and whether chemicals were used in its extraction. Your “paraphrasing” would have been more helpful had you stuck to the facts rather than exaggerations and unsupported assertions.

I’m going to have to agree with dliidlii on this one.

Hi Folks, what a great response to Extravagonzo, thanks for your support! The GSO is a very high quality extraction that has been tested and over tested, it is extracted with evaporative solvents (all FDA approved) which evaporate entirely with no residual solvents detectable even at the most sensitive equipment settings. Mechanically expeller extracated GSO is so danged expensive that it is prohibitive. I researched findings on the solvent extraction and many non-biased studies indicate that there are no concerns w/ this extraction technique. There are many who would disagree, but the science behind it is sound and I personally suck this stuff up like it is fine wine.

You really want to go nutso, try drizzling it on ice cream!! Yikes, the Orange over vanilla is just devine, creamsicle in a bowl!

Ciao for now, keep shining… Tom

Hi Folks, what a great response to Extravagonzo, thanks for your support! The GSO is a very high quality extraction that has been tested and over tested, it is extracted with evaporative solvents (all FDA approved) which evaporate entirely with no residual solvents detectable even at the most sensitive equipment settings. Mechanically expeller extracated GSO is so danged expensive that it is prohibitive. I researched findings on the solvent extraction and many non-biased studies indicate that there are no concerns w/ this extraction technique. There are many who would disagree, but the science behind it is sound and I personally suck this stuff up like it is fine wine.

You really want to go nutso, try drizzling it on ice cream!! Yikes, the Orange over vanilla is just devine, creamsicle in a bowl!

Ciao for now, keep shining… Tom

Just got my bottles the other day. I am in love with them! Can’t wait to see them again on woot, definatley will be in for 1 but maybe even 2 or 3 (gifts or just selfishness, havn’t figured it out which yet hehe). Thanks Woot & Extravagonzo!