Eye Fi Explore 2GB Wi-Fi SD Card

Yep, although you need a computer to set up the card with first before you use it. Then it will send pics back to your computer (from anywhere it has wifi access), to Walmart, snapfish, facebook, etc.

As much as i hate to bring this item to a halt, i was just about to post this as a much better deal, for $5 more you get 4GB plus the year of the google service.

http://www.jr.com/eyefi/pe/EYE_EYEFI2GB/

Same price but new…

So How does this work when not using the USB reader?
Does the card show up as a removable drive on the computer or as a network drive on the Wi-Fi network.
Any ideas on linux compatibility?

How is battery life affected when using this card?

This seems like a good deal right now

http://www.eye.fi/google

Damn you.

The joke description would probably be my biggest fear: that random photos suddenly upload to the world. (Not that I would actually do the actual things in that description!)

I have one of these. The most usful part about it is the SD card to USB adapter. that’s all I use it for. I usually don’t take pics where there is a wifi access point around. Also it’s not a secure way to transfer pics. Also, mine barely worked and it was more convenient to just plug the thing in.

http://support.eye.fi/product-info/camera-compatability/compatibility/is-the-eye-fi-card-compatible-with-my-camera/

Check Compatibility Here ^

All 3 cards I ordered during the last wootoff wnded up being 4GB (although label says 2GB)… a mistake during refurb?

Ummmmm. Ummmmm. No, I can’t see how this would benefit me in any way, really. I’d still end up filling the thing up, needing to switch cards, using a laptop, etc. If I go somewhere cool, I’ll be taking more pics and videos than this or any other card will hold…

We don’t judge. We just report to the authorities. They do most of the judging.

I saw these at CES… this one only does home network uploads to your PC though, the higher end models are way cooler, autoupload to facebook, flickr, etc…

(Sawyer, I don’t mean to pick on you, it’s just that your comment was the first of these I’ve seen this Woot-off…)

Why do folks bother with these types of comments? If the idea of the item seems silly to you, just move on. If you have something useful to say, such as you’ve seen one in use and it was not effective, or was cheaply made, etc, tell us that.

This is not a strictly civics minded issue - it is also self-serving. If you say something is stupid, you might convince somebody who might have bought to not buy. If that happens, you have to wait even longer for the next item.

I have one - got it and 200 gigs of space on Google for $50 through a promotion. The only annoying thing about it is that the camera needs to stay on the entire time they download - and mine keeps shutting off. I could plug it in I guess, but that would be too easy.

Also - it tags based on the location of Wifi networks in the area and their noted locations - so if you are in the boonies where there is no wifi, there is no automatic marking in google maps.

Got it, love it, but gotta be careful to remember that it WILL SEND ALL PICS YOU TAKE! Mom doesn’t need to know about ALL the party pictures your camera sends to facebook!

ick, they couldn’t get new ones?

WOW! If you take a lot of pictures like I do, this makes life a lot easier! So glad I got this – and I’m thinking about getting a second one!

Why-Fi?