Ezonics iContact Pro II Webcam With Bluetooth Headset and Dongle

LOL, got one of these during the woot off, it’s iffy

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Ezonics iContact Pro II Webcam With Bluetooth Headset and Dongle
$17.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Ezonics iContact Pro II Webcam/Bluetooth EZ-633

Is the dongle bluetooth 1, 2, 2.1?

NO VISTA

I am using this web cam right now, it is damn decent.

I’m currently using a Xbox Live Vision Camera as my webcam, and it’s mediocre at best, it works fine for 360, but for PC, meh… anywho… how does this webcam compare to it?

Froogled

Not bad for a package, if you need all the parts.

As if there’s a single wooter left who doesn’t have a webcam from the last woot-off.

i picked one of these on the last woot-off to get these moving

they took forever… any one use one let?

i know i am going to be using the USB Bluetooth PC Dongle

i wish the web cam was blue too

This is a piece of junk. Got one at an earlier Woot, and only the dongle is worth 2 cents, and only if you update the drivers to the latest Broadcomm drivers. STAY AWAY!

What, no web-enabled sink?

Fellow Mac users,

The Mac support is spotty. I was able to get it to work with an old iBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.9, but it won’t work with my Mac mini with Intel Core Duo and Mac OS X 10.5.2. Ezonics flatly refuses to answer Mac questions. The driver software is listed as working for 10.2 - 10.4. There’s a driver that’s newer on the Ezonics website, but it doesn’t work at all for me.

The Bluetooth dongle doesn’t work on the iBook for connecting headsets. It sees the headset but won’t pair with it. I haven’t tried it with any other Bluetooth devices, given that I don’t have any.

I didn’t try it on the Mac mini - it already has Bluetooth. The headset pairs up with it just fine and seems to work for audio in and out. Sound quality isn’t very good, but I can’t compare it to other Bluetooth headsets as this is the first one I’ve used. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t hurt my ear.

I’ll probably keep it for use with the iBook. Eventually I’ll probably get one that works properly with a Mac. I doubt I’ll see it on Woot.

Got this last time, bluetooth headset didn’t work and Ezonics customer service was TERRIBLE. I would not buy this if I were you.

web camera is decent, has a good color range, there is a bit of noise in it though, as for the blue tooth dongle… well lets just say the drivers aren’t Vista Friendly and I have yet to find any that work for it.

hahaha… it’s the dongle package! but really… is this stuff even useful? nice and cheap but… wouldnt depend on them…

BTW, if anyone has better luck getting it to work on your Mac, or if you want to find out what I’ve tried so far, please drop me an email at dougw@spamcop.net.

If anyone that bought this in a previous woot got the bluetooth dongle to function please drop me an email and let me know how you did it. richardb86@gmail.com

Does this work with xbox360, if so is it as good as the xbox360 cam.