EZYFlare Roadside Flare – 2 Pack

Does anybody know how to make this run off the car battery?

Not without some serious electrical wiring modification, I think that might potentially risk way too much power and damage to the unit trying to set that up to run off a car battery.

On a side note, I’m in for three because I travel 3200 miles a month in my Toyota Matrix and I’ve come across a variety of events day and night so they may come in handy. I have a generic LED hazard light from a previous wootoff which works great as a warning when my kids are out to play, so I’m sure I can find use for these.

That made my day

Love it: “To use the EzyFlare, first remove it from your trunk or glovebox or wherever you stored it.”

Anyone that has had or will ever have a flat or break down at night would appreciate these… what a basher… nothing good to say with some of you people… ehh Happy Cinco de Mayo!

LETS DO IT!

If you look at it too long, will you have seizures?

I have a similar product that we use for jack-o-lantern lights at halloween. The pulsing red on mine looks really cool. Nothing like a good ol’ flashing red pumpkin to scare off trick-or-treaters…

For those concerned about the batteries being dead when you need it, you should probably consider lithium batteries… or maybe real flares.

I think I will get some just to check out it’s invisibility during the daytime.

Flares work better.

Froogled a little more successfully!

When I think road flare I think of these sticks that remotely look like dynamite, and burn with this deep red flame that produces clouds of blue smoke with a deep acrid sulfur smell that can burn the throat,

That my friends, is a road flare.

Thanks!

I dont know if anyones brought this up, but many times in movies, a victim of a crazy killer on the road in the middle of nowhere has been able to fend off the would be attacker with a good old fashioned flare - doing pretty decent damage.

But what would these do for you in a bind like that?

“Watch out mister-killer-guy…Ive got an EZY Flare and Im not afraid to use it…someone 1.5 miles away might SEE it when I turn it on…THEN youll be sorry”

Sorry, this just isnt NEARLY as fun as the ol burning kind…and if I saw people using this at their campsites near mine at night, Id be thoroughly annoyed at the display.

Its bad enough when people have those lantern things and feel the need to string em up on a tree and pump em to “11” till it looks like the sun just came out - when its supposed to be NIGHTTIME…I go camping to see stars and campfire, not the light equivalent of a baseball stadium…

but I digress…

I just bought two and I am happy :slight_smile:

well thats all that counts!!

These are not flares. Flares make fire. LED lights, light bulbs, glow sticks, and all the other so-called “flares” you get when you google road flares are not actually flares.

Real road flares will never leave you at the mercy of leaky AA batteries in your moment of need. That’s actually kind of the POINT of using good old low-tech fire instead of electronics.

Good price though. Fifteen bucks would only buy five or six real flares. Everything’s a tradeoff, huh?

What you’ve missed here is that these will do the exact same thing - same deep red flame, same blue smoke, same acrid sulfur smell burning your throat - once you set them on fire…

I have one of these and I love it. I have had it for 2 years and it has come in handy 3 or so times.

My friends and I also play around with it in different ways though :slight_smile: