Face Masks, Pack of 100

Sorry about that! Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Thanks. Customer service says I am being refunded.

I wonder if your supplier is trying to see what they can get away with.

3 Likes

Do you also have to send them back? Because at this point that just adds more unnecessary hassle that i didnt pay for?

2 Likes

Thanks for the good factual post. Itā€™s unfortunate that there are a lot of bad things going on with the pandemic apart from the pandemic itself. For exampleā€¦

ā€“I donā€™t understand why Woot, a part of Amazon, keeps offering mask products from China that seem invariably to have no user reviews for the product. It almost makes you wonder if they donā€™t want prospective buyers to read ahead of time just what actual buyers have received and how they fared.

ā€“The public health community in the U.S. and internationally hasnā€™t exactly distinguished itself with its constantly changing advice to the public on mask wear. Iā€™ve been wearing N95 masks for air pollution where I live for several years, and I know what they can do. So to hear U.S. public health ā€œexpertsā€ at the outset say such masks would serve no purpose for the public was disgusting.

ā€“Even though these days most regular folks canā€™t actually buy legitimate N95 masks anymore because the governments and profiteers have hoarded them all (not arguing theyā€™re not needed by the medical community), I believe the latest research Iā€™ve read on the general subject suggests that double ply cotton fabric masks are somewhat better than the surgical procedure masks for blocking germs and viruses when the wearer coughs, sneezes, sings, etc.

As for the N95 masks themselves, you raised a good point about the so-called comfort/exhalation valves that come with SOME N95 models. They were meant to make the wear more comfortable and less sweaty by allowing exhaled air to exit the mask. Fine for air pollution or industrial use. Not so fine when trying to prevent the spread of viruses. FWIW, there are/were plenty of NON-valved N95 masks when they were still available, ironically, those were the comparatively cheaper ones whereas the valved ones were always the premium/more expensive ones.

1 Like

If you keep up with the news, there are A LOT of ā€œhorrorā€ stories about mask manufacturing places in China and elsewhere in SE Asiaā€¦ dirty places where they mask parts and products lay around on the floor, totally unhygienic. And likewise lots of reports of people/governments, etc buying bulk mask purchases from Chinese sellers, only to end up with cases of moldy, dirty masks. Etc etc.

Right now, thereā€™s a worldwide panic on over masks, so my impression is anyone and everyone who thinks they can make a fast buck is trying to get into the mask manufacturing/selling business. And as the end buyer/customer, right now, it seems you cannot very well rely on the U.S. retailers like Woot to reliably provide a quality product consistent with that their customers would expect, not to mention often not even providing basic product specification details like the types of materials used in the mask, any certifications, etc.

2 Likes

I dont know if Iā€™m actually reading more or paying attention more or more ppl are conversating but i keep seeing alot of issues with Woot! Issues like quality of their products theyā€™re pushing or the delivery of the product or the lack of the right kind/full amount/total parts.
Am i the only one noticing this trend recently?

5 Likes

People are pretty damn crabby nowadays.

10 Likes

Definitely. With the stocking and shipping delays being experienced by all kinds of businesses and the general stress of this damn pandemic, peopleā€™s fuses have shortened, mistakes are being made, and people seem more apt to complain aboutā€¦ well, everything right now.

Itā€™s just so fun.

I donā€™t know if Wootā€™s had to go digging for vendors or if their regular vendors are just having more trouble getting quality supplies due to the shortages and reduced staff so common these days, or if people are just being more vocal right now. Probably both.

7 Likes

I havenā€™t complained recently so they can take that as a win.

5 Likes

Ordered on June 28, received on July 6 (not a long wait at all); however, the first mask I pulled out of the package to use, the elastic band on one side came off of the body of the mask on the top. These are not good quality at all. Save your money; I wasted mine.

2 Likes

Hi there. Make sure you pull them out by the mask and not the band.

Feel free to reach out Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Can anyone who has received their mask with the correct ear loops on it check the side of the box to see if it has an executive or execution number T/CTCA7-2019 or GB/T 32610-2016 on it please? The former is the Chinese standard that states that it will prevent the wearer from spreading ā€œpollutantsā€. The latter does not.

Keep in mind the quality of masks pre-covid and post-covid. Pre-covid masks were much, much betterā€¦ Having said that, I looked at the 2016 specifications and they only tested protection of the wearer. Essentially these masks are graded to protect the wearer from moderate pollution. That doesnā€™t mean they wonā€™t protect on the exhale.

I got the ones with the shitty earloop and Iā€™m not happy about it. But I did spray aresol, regular spray bottle and coughed into a mirror (real scientific I know) but there was a barrier and no droplets on the mirror. So take it as you may, but donā€™t freak everyone out thinking they got scammed because they donā€™t have the ā€œ2019ā€ standard. Hell the 2018 standard has been my personal favorite. These arenā€™t N95 and donā€™t have a valve. If you need surgical medical grade masks, go to a medical supplier.

https://www.sesec.eu/comparison-of-standards-for-medical-protection-products-between-china-and-europe-by-sac__trashed/gb-t-32610-2016-technical-specification-of-daily-protective-mask/

4 Likes

I ordered a pack of 100. The order was received promptly and as advertised. Iā€™m not sure why so many have posted so negatively. I am a cancer patient. My spouse is also a cancer patient, going through chemotherapy right now. We both wear our cloth masks to the oncology facilities, but are provided disposable masks of no higher quality level than these disposable masks to be worn while we are having labs drawn, seeing doctors, going through infusion. These are good masks at a good price. My boxes were a little beat up, smushed from shipping, but the masks inside the boxes were sealed in a cellophane package. I cut that open and all was fine. I did not have bad or torn earloops. I put some of these masks in ziploc bags and gave them to my Mom and to my aunt/godmother. I have not had any complaints from them either. We already have multiple cloth masks and face shields (purchased on Woot), but we wanted disposable masks too just in case we fall behind on laundry or need to give a mask away.

8 Likes

Good luck to you both with your treatments. Itā€™s nice to see a pleasant helpful review, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the useful info. I am only trying to make an informed decision. Apologies to all if you thought I was being alarmist and freaking everyone out.

If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.

EXACTLY!!! They protect others, not you. Thatā€™s why it only works if we ALL wear them.
The only masks that would protect YOU are at least N95 rated and need to be completely sealed around the edges on your face, so all the air is getting filtered.

4 Likes

So i recieved mine quickly, but the second mask i put on the ear loop broke off. The loop simply pulled out from its connection, like it was poorly attachedā€¦ and i made sure to gentle pull the mask itself from the pack and not the loops as so kindly suggested from @ThunderThighs.

1 Like

Hi All, The masks that I have received (two separate
orders from Woot) were the correct style and they had the GB/T 32610-2016 standard. It seems that some are better than others when it comes to the ear loop breaking off or not. But I wear them and they seem to be working.

2 Likes

Just got them today and the first two immediately broke at the earloop. Sending them back, unusable for us and we were super careful.

3 Likes