family Sayings

You told me to NEVER look in that freezer, remember?

Yeah, yeah, I know…I just can’t handle those damn Lucky Strikes.

Oops…me too.
Sorry, a boy’s gotta listen to his mom.

Wait! Before you go, look in the big freezer.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

no, SHHHH!
That’s where the mother lode of pizza rolls lives!!

“In gehopken geflopken”
said with a Stalag 17 German accent

(hop in like the car or bed)

Now that this thread has completely collapsed I will now ask a unrelated question. Is kalyha somehow related to acemom? They not only have the same cute sig, but it’s hosted at the same site: http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/4457/t322gx7.jpg

I’ve always heard it as “I’M GONNA KNOCK THE TAR OUT OF YOU!”
Heard from my personal bullies and I think it meant I was in trouble. I don’t know because I was too busy running away laughing.

My grandma used to say “Now you’re cooking with gas” which meant I was dong something very well.

Not related. Kalyha very kindly allowed me to borrow the sig in honor of Zilla.

You can still use it, I’m ponderin’ updating but like the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil peng uins still. I guess it doesn’t say anything about “post no evil”…
LOOPHOLE!

I always heard someone got knocked ass over tincups growing up. But I’ve also heard ass over teacups. And I think there’s another one, too.

Heh, I read that as “fart” the first time…

Nice sig with the lemons there looking like the ever present austin powers joke.

Sweet grandma loved her chocolate “Now it has to be Duncin Hines dark chocolate frosting”

“Ass over teakettle” here.

Glad ya like

I’ve heard teacups & teakettle. My house was ass over elbow.
I’m not sure why, maybe dad thought “teacups” was a bad word.

My dad had many saying one of them was
“He can’t pour coke out of a boot with directions on the heel.”
I cleaned it up. This was said about one of my bfs. (Who never came back)

thank you

Are you with us?

Thank you

“Get off your butt and do it yourself”

Heh when I was 6 or so I went upstairs (the tv was in the basement) to get a drink. A couple minutes later I went back upstairs to get my older sister a drink. My dad told me to go back down and tell her “Get off your lazy a$$ & get it yourself!” I thought it was freakin’ hysterical to go back down and tell her that & even funnier when she told dad I cursed.