Famous Maker 20” LCD Monitor with DVI

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
no good wooters.us goes unpunished

Famous Maker 20” LCD Monitor with DVI [Refurbished] - $89.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Famous Maker TS-20M9 20” LCD Monitor w/DVI-D/VGA/HDCP

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Looks like an HP to me.

Why is the monitor for sale, I want the pig.

Would this be considered ‘wide screen?’

Famous Maker = Rebranded HP.

Guys, I can’t say enough about this monitor. I ordered one a few months ago. Showed up in perfect condition, not a thing wrong with it. Colors are vivid, picture is phenomenal (especially using DVI), and I don’t have one negative thing to say.

Plus, it was $99.99 when I bought it. This price is a STEAL.

I have answered my own question from woot.com’s main page! DVI SUPPORT!

Yes. 1600x900 is 16:9 widescreen.

I have one that I bought from Woot a couple of months ago. My PC recognizes it as an “HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor”. Great monitor.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY A TV OR MONITOR FROM WOOT!!!

I got one DOA and they hosed me. Told me to contact the manufacturer, who then gave the run around, said I would have to go through woot since it was a refurb, they would not touch it. After several ignored e-mails I finally contacted my credit card’s fraud department…that got woot off it’s ass in a hurry. I still had to pay to ship it back.

BUY ALL TV’s from COSTCO - it’s worth a few extra bucks to get a TWO YEAR FULL WARRANTY!!!

My 52" LCD I got from Costco in March 2007 just started having dead pixels about a month ago…costco gave me FULL PRICE refund after almost TWO YEARS. Suck on that woot.

Look I love woot, but they are only good for novelty items, small items that are cheap and you don’t mind taking a risk on…not stuff like this.

This was my experience, and this is my warning to you from someone that has been burned…if you still want to be a ret@rd and buy it, I can’t stop you.

Last time these were up on Woot! I bought three… I highly regret it as one was sent back instantly because of this:

http://img29.imagefra.me/img/img29/2/7/9/tin_foil/f_BadMonitorm_de17594.jpg

And the other two aren’t fairing much better. Granted, no yellow strip as of yet, but they’re out of focus with poor color quality.

Long story short, if HP is so embarrassed they’re taking their name off the product, shouldn’t that be a sign things have went horribly wrong with said product?

(on returns, you pay shipping… and you don’t get a $5 return deal)

Buy.com - 99.99 w/ free shipping

Still 5 bucks cheaper here.

here is @hp.com

previous woot.

:frowning: Description makes me feel bad about purchasing it.

on the other hand, excellent point about those sales people. love the end.

Blurry? Seriously? Let me help you out a little here.

Step 1: Set the screen to its native resolution, which you don’t seem to be using in your photo. That’s 1600x900. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=setting+screen+resolution
Step 2: Click http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php and fill as much of the screen as possible with the pattern shown.
Step 3: Press “auto adjust”.
Step 4: Scaffold bricks.

I had the 24" one. The base had a small crack, but otherwise everything looked and worked perfect! (no dead pixels, etc.) Great looking monitor with very nice picture; I just didn’t like the glare from the glossy screen for regular pc use. Good deal!

was thinking about getting the Acer X193Wbd from newegg tonight… then I see two woots for monitors…

Get the new Acer 19" 1440x900 ?
Or the refurb HP 20" 1600x900 ??

I am sure someone has already mentioned this but this is the De-branded HP. I have ordered 3 so far and all have arrived in perfect working condition with no dead pixels.

Same monitor without the name for a fraction of the price!

For some reason now I’m craving bacon, or is it pork chops…mmmmmmm