Famous Maker 23” 1080p LED Monitor

“Famous Maker” is Wootese for “Hewlett Packard” amirite? ELECTRICAL TAPE SHALL NOT CONCEAL YOUR LIES, WOOT!

But in all seriousness, is this 16:9 or 16:10? I hate the 16:9 Acer I have…wish it was more like the 16:10 Dell models I have @ work.

I don’t know how many wooters there are in London, but that writeup was AWESOME! That’s what keeps us coming back!

(It can’t be ~yet another~ famous maker monitor, so it must be the writeups.)

Yes, probably HP, specs look the same as the previous woot as far as I can tell:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4539834

I wish they sold the 25.5 one, so I could buy it…again.

Anyone know the height of this monitor including the stand?

It says the screen dimensions are 16.40"(H) x 21.97"(W) x 6.26"(D)

I got a similar one previously. Can’t say I have any complaints. Works great.

Here may or may not be reviews for it
Amazon Customer Reviews

I bought one of these the last time they were on Woot… Been about a month now, and I love it! No issues with my display, the price is almost half of what you’ll find elsewhere (and yes this is an HP de-branded monitor), and it’s a very nicely made display. Perfect for anyone looking for a second monitor, or small TV display to use for watching movies on their computer or a small box.

Just looking at it in front of me, I would guess the stand adds about 2".

• Find the best viewing position with the tilt adjustment and ability to slide from left to right *

Oooo Gez, yer Woot 'ere goes only for the best of yer 'igh tec bestness.

Resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9), rather than 1920x1200 (16:10)

I have this ‘famous makers’ monitor, and i absolutely love it! The first thing you notice, other then its extremely thin size, is how light it is. It has to be under 4 pounds easy, and unlike my other widescreen monitors it is very easy to move around on my desk when there is a lot of clutter. The picture is gorgeous, and its very easy to switch between viewing modes (i.e. movie, gamer, internet, user etc.). It has DVI, HDMI, and VGA inputs in the back, what more could you ask for?

Anyone know if I could connect an Xbox 360 to this?

Absolutely, it has an HDMI port. You’d need to handle the sound yourself though.

As long as your Xbox has the HDMI out or you buy an adapter to allow VGA then YES! Perfect for travel LAN parties, if your into that sort of thing…

Anyone know if this has audio out?

Looks alot like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/751528-REG/HP_Hewlett_Packard_XP598AA_ABA_2311x_23_Widescreen_LED.html

I bought two of these during the last Woot. One is perfect (though super bright) next to my 22" Acer lcd. The other was defective. It was leaking light from one side and when I opened the box, I actually had to pop the bezel into place as I guess the factory didn’t finish refurbishing.

I do like this monitor very much and I am buying one to replace the bad one I got last time.

$5 cheaper than on Newegg. Less shipping (newegg is about $15) and no tax for me is a bonus.