Famous Maker 27” LCD Monitor with HDMI

I bought one of these the last time Woot offered them for sale. Somethings to know:

The box comes marked as REFURBISHED

The face of the monitor is highly reflective and if you have an open window nearby, the glare from the sun outside will interfere with visibility on the monitor. They are great to use in a dark room, just not so much in a bright room.

If you try to pull of the labels covering the original HP logos and markings, you will find that half of the HP markings have been removed, 1/4 altered in such a way to make them ugly, and 1/4 are still there.

Not a TV folks!
I noticed a few people wooted previously that they didn’t noticed the distinction and were very disappointed.
My PSA for the morning!

Attempting to predict the questions:

Yes, it’s wall mountable.
Yes, it’s made by HP.
Yes, it has VGA, HDMI, and DVI inputs.
No, it doesn’t do 120 Hz.

These are good monitors. I have one and think this is a pretty good deal.

Link? A quick browse of HP’s website indicates that a 27in. is $350 with free shipping.

Edit: I thought you said it was 300…Nvm.

can you do xbox?

I found that monitor all over the place, same price same conditions and same shipping, pass

Somebody posted this site last night: http://www.bagsofcrap.com/woot_pic_sound.htm?item=Famous+Maker+27”+LCD+Monitor+with+HDMI&time=1291303098

It’ll play the theme song pretty loudly. ASomebody also possted this site too: http://woot.kishk.org

I probably didn’t do the hot link thing good because I’m such n00b…

Yes, I think they are overwhelmed with the number of connections. I switched to mywoot.net

Is this mac compatible?

Just SEEING all of those 60Hz listings made my eyes hurt.

I used to think “Famous Maker” was an actual brand…

The image on the monitor looks like outside my windows at work.

On a TV, yes. On a monitor, no.

I am in for 2. I have one of the 25" monitors and like it.

I snagged the 25" version of this same monitor from woot about a year ago … also a refurb … and it’s worked perfectly since I hooked it up. One of my better woot purchases!

How do you figure? I have a 1920x1280 display on my 15" laptop, and couldn’t be more happy with it (in fact, I can’t stand using smaller resolution laptops anymore, not enough screen realestate)…

Assuming I’m correct and this is a debranded HP 2710m…

~$340 new from Amazon

Reviews on Amazon and Newegg are generally quite good.

Overall, looks like a good deal to me. If my monitors weren’t less than six months old, I’d consider it.

I bought this for my wife from HP when they has a sale,plus coupon code,so it cost me 311.00 total.I bought the 25" refurb here on Woot,which just fits on my small computer desk.These monitors are SUPER GREAT!!!Best monitors I have ever had,plus no dead pixils.

Quite easily. HDMI is your friend.

Missed the excitement yesterday when the important item was sold.

Usually Woot doesn’t sell you-know-what on the first day of a woot-off. Does that mean there will be more Bags To Buy?

In the meantime, I’m waiting for a spectacular deal on a laptop. 15 inch, maybe? Lotsa memory, big drive? Under $400? Anyone listening?