Fat Toad Farm Goat's Milk Caramel (4)

Amazon only has 2 reviews. One loved it. Here is the other.

very goatish
By Amz2thebamz on June 20, 2013
Verified Purchase
I love cheve and goat milk products but this is extremly wild tasting like actual goat. I expected a smooth delicious caramel and it was very overpowering. I used it in a cupcake contest and lost from the “off putting caramel taste” so this caramel and I are not friends. As a food professional I dont recommend it for desserts. May work in a savory dish. Sorry folks. :frowning:

This stuff is addictive. Turns ice cream into a party. We’ve tried the “Original”, the “Salted Bourbon”, & the “Cinnamon”. Also have a jar of the limited-edition “Irish Whiskey” that we haven’t tried yet.

While yes, you can tell that it’s made from goats milk, we don’t find it overly goaty. In fact, we like to be able to tell that it’s made from goats milk. That’s sort of the point, isn’t it? We did not care for the Cinnamon at all, as we found the cinnamon flavor to be extremely overpowering. I’ve had the jar in the fridge for quite awhile, & am thinking of trying it as a filling/topping for baked apples. It just didn’t work for us over ice cream. The “Salted Bourbon” is definitely our hands-down favorite.

This is definitely an excellent deal price-wise.

I love this stuff. We initially bought at the farm in VT. (Not as big a fan of the actual goats as my wife/daughter.) The salted bourbon was so new, they did not have labels for it.

Read their label, and watch the shelf life after opening. We tossed two jars because we did not eat fast enough and the milk in it turned sour. Definitely was open longer than recommended, but I was being stubborn.

Maybe they should have tried the recipe out one time before the cupcake contest. :wink:

Agreed she should never have done a recipe in a contest that she hadn’t done before…but the funny thing is I think I saw the competition on TV! ha!

No need to do that when you are a “food professional”.

This stuff is great on ice cream, cookies, shoes, hats…and probably even goats and toads.

two thumbs up

#caution
#cracklike
#bought3orders

I have to get some. I bet it would be good on Bacon!!

Thanks for the heads up!! Guess I’ll have to check out whether my leftover jar of “Cinnamon” is still usable.

Buy vegan, support life and compassion.

If you are expecting good caramel flavor, you will be disappointed. This is a very strange flavor. ‘Goat’s milk’ isn’t some kind of catch phrase. I like goat cheese, and I like caramel, but I did not care for this stuff. Just wanted to warn others like me.