Fav Chrismas movies?

for some reason I feel the need to watch Elf soon. So it made me wonder what some peoples fav christmas movies are.

Mine are:
Home Alone
Elf
Die Hard
The Santa Clause (1 & 2 not so much 3)

Christmas Story.
there are no others

i don’t know that i’ve ever seen the entire movie. I know, something is wrong with me.

My wife had to get it for me on DVD before I saw the whole thing in sequence.

TNT or TBS (one of those stations) played it all day last year on Christmas Day. Love that movie

The weird thing is, I never heard of it when it was in the movies.
Yet it became the best Christmas movie ever.

Everyone should watch it at least once, in one sitting, at Christmas.
Then, on Christmas day, when you are sick of the family…go and sneak a peek at the TV and see which part they are up to!

I’m not a fan of Christmas Story. I didn’t like it as a kid either.

It’s not Christmas until we’ve watched Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer though.

Yeah, but that’s not a movie, that’s a TV special.

all those count as movies to me.

we could also talk about fav christmas episodes of tv shows. my fave is family matters when laura turns into urkel on christmas. :slight_smile:

http://www.kellie.de/episodes/lookalotlikeurkel92b.jpg

I remember watching Christmas Story at the theater with my Dad and brother. The place was packed and everyone was laughing aloud as we watched the movie. I don’t think I have ever been in a movie with the audience so animated. Animated in a good way not like just yelling out nonsense in the middle of a movie. My family was from Northwestern Indiana near where the movir takes place and my parents grew up like those kids in the movie. Truly a classic holiday movie. Other favorites still include It’s A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (did I say nipple?).

In descending title length:

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Surviving Christmas
Santa’s Slay
Die Hard
Gremlins
Elf

I’m not really a Christmas person.

I’m glad to see someone else consider die hard a christmas movie. One of my friends always argues with me that it’s not. :slight_smile:

Ok then White Christmas, because my husband got me started watching it.

[youtube=LJfZaT8ncYk][/youtube]

Amazon’s gold box deal today is classic christmas cartoons on dvd or blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A2FDW39D7602AY?ie=UTF8&docId=1000729391&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0P8XHP7QK74XG8C55YMA

contains these movies

1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (1964 47 minutes)
  2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1970 51 minutes)
  3. Frosty The Snowman (1969 25 minutes)
  4. Frosty Returns (1992 23 minutes)
  5. Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol (1962 53 minutes)
  6. Little Drummer Boy (1968 25 minutes)
  7. Cricket On The Hearth (1967 49 Minutes)

Most favoritest: Christmas Vacation!!!

After that:
Christmas Story
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon)

My husband’s favorite is Die Hard, but I tease him that I don’t consider that a Christmas movie. :tongue:

It totally is!! It takes place at a christmas party!

ive always liked Jingle All The Way. hahahahah.

It occurred to me over the weekend, that in the family unit I enjoy visiting most, my relation to all of thim is exactly the same as “Cousin Eddie” from Christmas Vacation.

My hope is that the rest of my family never figures this out.

My favorites are Home alone,Christmas story