Fender Starcaster Electronic Table-Top Drum Kit

Yeah, it should workout without a hiccup. As long as you have a MIDI interface such as a M-Audio Midisport 2x2 or 4x4 - hook it into one of the ports and map your pads. I’m very excited to try this. Trying to play drums on a keyboard gets rough! I’m going to be finger tappin’ these pads all day with RA! Woo!

I’m interested in learning drums for fun. Would this be a good beginners (aka never really played the drums before) learning tool?

Since the Guitar Hero drum kit has a MIDI plug, can you hook this to it and play this kit instead?

As a retired and world renowned Xbox 360 rockband drummer…I can offer some wisdom of expertise: When learning an instrument, built in volume controls are ALWAYS appreciated by your loved ones.

Interesting. I’m sure it would send data through - I’d imagine there’s a way to map the pads as well. I don’t have Guitar Hero drum kit, so can’t attempt it. Maybe I’ll ask a buddy to borrow theirs and find out.

I wanted to pick one of these up last woot but can anyone find any videos of this thing in action?

I’d love to hook these up midi and track out some drum patterens.

I did a little googling and it appears that people are doing just this. You have to use MIDI channel 10 (supposedly?) and then just map the pads to the proper inputs.

This may well be worth $100 to test out the theory. A bonus is now I can use a cymbal instead of the green pad in Rock Band (since I have the GH:WT drums)

Very nice find. Yeah - if it’s a 100 bucks for the whole game, it’s definitely worth it. One question - are the Guitar Hero drums velocity sensitive? That would be the icing on the cake for sure.

My kids love Rock Band, which they got for Christmas. Is this a good bridge to a real drum set to see if my son wants to pursue that? He’s only 7 but his birthday is coming up.

Now all we need is the rest of the Star Wars Cantina Band and we’ll have our very own orchestra.

Ok, compraré uno!!!

Alguien sabe si acepta 220v de entrada?

These are great as a toy, but if you want to learn how to play the drums, you are much better off buying a cheap drum set. You’ll have to buy a set eventually anyway if you get better.

To anyone wanting to learn the drums and wondering if this is a good way to get started, the answer is NO.

This plasticy piece of trash is as close to a real drum kit as someone that plays Guitar Hero is to an actual rock star.

I’m hoping this thing is halfway decent. I’m looking for something for practices that won’t require me to lug and set up a full electronic drum kit. I had sized down to a Roland SPD-S, which isn’t too bad, but I could never get the hi-hat control to work with it, and the kick trigger requires my Axis pedal to come back and forth to rehearsals.

If this thing lasts a year, it’s worth it just on wear and tear of my full electronic kit.

Sigh
Whatever happened to lugging a real kit around that made real percussion sounds with real wood and real brass with a real musician…

Seriously, if you are wanting to learn to play, grab you a pair of Vic Firth SD1 sticks, a nice RealFeel or VicFirth practice pad and a good method book (although I would supplement that with “Progressive Steps to Syncopation” by Ted Reed).
Learn how to read, learn how to play then transfer that knowledge over to a kit and POOF you’re better than 75% of the guys who just run out and buy a Tama Rockstar kit at Sam Ash and bang away…and you get more respect from your fellow musicians too.

In other words, stay away from this unless you want a toy.

are the muneric keys for making mucis?

Shipping Update
Fender Starcaster Electronic Table-Top Drum Kit has completely shipped via FedEx Ground. All tracking will be emailed by ** this afternoon ** to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Well, as a followup in case someone searches for this thing next time it comes up… it pretty much sucks for the use that I was hoping I’d get out of it. The pads feel like hard plastic, and they’re very loud – very annoying if anyone else is in the room, that’s for sure, since even with headphones, the sticks are loud on them. The bass drum switch/pedal double-triggers constantly, or doesn’t trigger at all sometimes.

The unit has multiple “kits” but most of them are just moving around what pad does what. There are probably three different bass drum and snare sounds.

Using high-quality earbuds or headphones, you’ll get a MUCH better sound, but you’ll also hear recording artifacts.

I bought this with the intent on using it for small rehearsals where I didn’t have to bring out a full electronic kit. $90 is probably the appropriate price point for this – it’d be a fun toy for a kid, but I will get absolutely no use in the “real world” with it. For anyone looking for something for that purpose, stick with something like a Roland SPD-S.