Winery website

Previous offers:
1/8/07
12/31/10

Santa Barbara Riesling @14: $42
Rodney Riesling @28: $84
Santa Barbara Viognier @25: $75
Santa Barbara Pinot Noir @28: $84

All together: $285 retail price off the winery website without shipping.

The discount with shipping is a bit more than 30% not including winery shipping which is not bad!

Davy… Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier. I have not been to Fess Parker since 2001. The wines have probably changed a bit since then.

Daniel Boone was a man, Yes, a big man!
With an eye like an eagle and as tall as a mountain was he!
What a Boone! What a do-er! What a dream-come-er-true-er was he!

http://www.danielboonetv.com/uploads/images/clip_image002.jpg

Oh, and something about wine too…

Courtesy of CJ:

So create or join a Gathering now!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

Ok someone please tell me I don’t want, need, nor can afford this set - Please!

When I hear Fess Parker, visions of Miles guzzling the spit bucket come to mind!

Yeah, that sounds about right. Definitely one of my less favorite wineries in the SB. There are a lotta winners, my taste says this isn’t one of them…

lol… Frass Canyon

Frass is insect feces, btw

Wow! That’s a lot of wine there. So much wine that I’m not even remotely interested this time around. Whew! SIWBM holds! :slight_smile:

It’s a good thing it wasn’t JUST the Pinot Noir, or I’d be in trouble.

What do people do with all the wine.woot boxes? Mine are stacking up, and it seems like such a waste to just toss them. Any suggestions?

Sweet Davy Crockett, I wish Woot could deliver to my state :frowning:

We had Fess Parker wines at a wine club tasting. It did not impress me at all. You don’t need this wine.

What is the rose in the picture?
From the description, there are 2 whites, 1 all-white blend, and 1 red.

I had Fess Parker’s 07 Bien Nacido single vineyard PN recently, with Klezman. My note below should give you an inkling of their Pinot Noir style, which is rich, big and hefty, although not subtle. The same tasting we also had a 00 Grand Cru Domaine Taupenot-Merme Charmes-Chambertin, which turned out to be sublime, and our opening of it a crime of the infanticide variety.

Here are my CT notes for the Fess Parker:
“Big, huge American-style PN. Fun, but isn’t for cellaring. Not half as subtle as a good Burgundy (and therefore not so good value at a similar price), but its dark fruit, punchy flavours and some balance make it worth a go. Very good of its type, but will never hit the greatest heights.”

Also tasted: Kent Rasmussen Estoterica 08 PN, which was good, but not as rich, deep or multidimensional as either (his Estate PN is an entirely different and excellent matter); and
06 Hartley-Ostini Hitching Post Pinot Noir Rio Vista Vineyard,which was the most disappoiting of all, given expectations, but without unfair comparisons still a good bottle of PN.

The central Coast is warm, so you’re not going to get subtle cold-climate Riesling like the Mosel or (Harvey) Jana Michigan ones. A good dry one like the Gundlach Bundschu, and from the stats (look at the pH numbers!) these might well be, usually taste like a good steel-fermented Chardonnay, with a twist.

I call up local wine stores and ask if they need shippers - they are usually happy to get them (and also curious as to what I bought)!

The cardboard gets recycled.
The winter shipping cradles get tossed or become firestarter for our wood stove.
The summer shipping styrofoam cradles have been cleverly stacked to create a “wine rack”. Heck, it’s in the basement, nobody sees it. And it solves the problem of how to store all my wine.woot wine.

That rose-ish wine actually Pinot Noir, a lighter coloured one certainly, but still not that unusual for PN.

(I thought it was a rose at first, too.)