FIC Ice Brick VG61 Barebone System for Socket 478

Welcome to the FIC Ice Brick VG61 Barebone System topic on Wednesday, January 5, 2005. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments for the FIC Ice Brick VG61 Barebone System here.

[color=indigo:4eb84427c9][size=18:4eb84427c9]FIC Ice Brick VG61 Barebone System for Socket 478[/size:4eb84427c9][/color]
Brick-a-brac-a-dabra
[color=indigo:4eb84427c9]$99.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling[/color]
FIC’s Ice-Brick is even smaller than the Ice Cube you’ve seen here before, and smaller still than the Ice Cube you saw in Anaconda. But don’t underestimate it. For once in your life, look past the dinky wee-ness! This is the PC analog of Warwick Davis as the Leprechaun: petite but unstoppable.* Why, just imagine all the space this will free up on your desk! You can switch to 2-liters.

But look here, Professor Brainard: this is just the case, power supply and motherboard. You’re going to have to buy your own processor, memory, hard drive and optical drive. And you’re going to have to hook everything up. This is no woot for the technologically impaired. Maybe some of your fellow forum weirdos will help you. Maybe you can program your RoboSapien to do it. But one way or another, some intermediate-level assembly is gonna be required. No one said the life of a computer nerd would be easy. We just hope all those swirlies you withstood in middle school left you with the strength of character you’ll need to see you through this not-all-that-challenging challenge.

The Ice-Brick features a lightweight alumuminum case and, thanks to Intel’s 845GV chipset, supports up to a 3.06GHz Pentium 4 processor and 2 Gigs of DDR RAM. There’s a PCI slot, one 5.25” and one 3.5” drive bay, so you can hot-rod the system with a DVD+RW, huge hard drive, Soundblaster audio, corkscrew, My Little Pony stickers, or whatever your heart desires.

Features: Condition: Recertified, white box

Model: ICE BRICK IB-VG61

Supports Celeron and P4 up to 3.06Ghz P4 with HT

Chipset: Intel 845GV

Two DIMM slots support up to 2 Gigs of DDR

IDE 2 x ATA100 IDE channels

Expansion Slots: 1 PCI slot

Audio: AC-Link with AC’97 2.2 compliant

One 5.25” bay, One 3.5” bay

Integrated graphics

Integrated 10/100 NIC

4 USB 2.0 ports, ideal for three of those fans and a “personal massager”

Dimensions 15.0” x 11.2” x 4.5”

Included: manual, power cable, driver disc

CPU Support:

Supports Intel Socket 478 Pentium 4 processor

Supports Intel Socket 478 Celeron processor

400/533MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus

Front Panel I/O Output Board:

2 Type A USB connectors

MIC-in

Speaker-out

Back Panel I/O Output:

2 Type A USB connectors, 1 RJ-45 LAN port

1 fast serial port, 1 D-type 15-pin VGA connector,1 D-type Com 1 connector

Line-in, MIC-in, Speaker-out

2 PS2 connectors

*Product is not actually “unstoppable.” Also, the scientific community is as yet divided on the existence of [color=green:4eb84427c9]leprechauns.[/color]

:slight_smile:

Ha! Byte me!

hrm

FIRST PAGE!!!

WOOT, baby!

God, how I love contributing to the inane posts 'round here!

Oh yeah, definitely gonna get one of these… or… Not. :slight_smile:

WOOT

This is a boring woot. :frowning: Man, I hope the Dell speakers come back soon. :slight_smile:

Who is the king of Woots, I am …
almost,

descent product

two nights in a row - WOW!

[size=24:daad457111][color=red:daad457111]More Crap in the Bag Please[/color][/size:daad457111]

The Natives are getting restless

woot-pee :frowning:

Yippee!

You know, I’ve really got to stop doing this. Were I in college,it’d be one thing. But I work, have kids, and am way too busy to try to get on thiis first damned page.

That said, I wonder about this: Do all of you folks who complain about the quality of the items out here think that your constant rants for another bag o’crap will make any difference about when - or if - said bag will ever again materialize?

Me thinks that the woot folks have hit upon such a great business idea, that they seem to sell virtaully everything they try to (what other business on the planet can make that claim) and that they’ll come up with this sought after bag when they’re damned good and ready.

So why don’t we just enjoy what’s here, and stop whining about a lousy bag o’crap?

(By the way, my coffee maker arrived today. It’s cute.)

WOW, Nice woot. Hope it lasts till tomorrow so I can possibly get approval to buy :? OH BTW, another first page with dial up. Woooooooot that !!!

Well chitty chitty bang bang, doesn’t have DVI video…welp, there goes my order. Woot got me soooooooooooo wet, er excited then comes the crash Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

BTW, 55-19 I stayed up for this pitiful woo…er ball game? Goot woot bad Sooners

:slight_smile:

[size=24:e03755c6d3][color=red:e03755c6d3]GO CAPTAIN WOOTAK!!![/color][/size:e03755c6d3]
some punk posted this yesterday…

well guess what??? [size=24:e03755c6d3][color=red:e03755c6d3]CAPTAIN WOOTAK is BACK!!![/color][/size:e03755c6d3]

first page has made me retarded.

yep.

first page and i officially need a life