Fila Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors)

Fila Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors)
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard* or $10 Two-Day or *$20 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
[Google Products](Fila - Google Shopping Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors)) - [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Fila Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors)) - [Previous Woot Sales](Google Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors))

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/dcb24716-7f7d-4057-a6b2-0ff6ed857740.jpg

Fila Softshell Jackets
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Dec 16 to Tuesday, Dec 17)
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Fila Softshell Bonded Jacket (5 colors)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Fila Softshell Jackets) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Fila - Google Shopping Softshell Jackets)

The Peak Black/Black looks very similar to the jacket I got in my BOC. The difference is, mine has different zipper pulls, a pattern design on the sleeves, absolutely no logo anywhere on the jacket (or any type of tags) and the zipper pocket is angled. I wish I knew what brand it was. I don’t even know what size, but it fits perfectly.

Oh…
You can’t accept returns or exchanges yet here you are selling them again.
OK
Thanks

You were obviously meant to have that Bucket of Chum.

I bought two of these jackets during the recent Wootoff – one Peak and one Cliff. I love them. Everything about the jackets scream quality. At only $17.99 each, they seem better constructed than some of my $70+ jackets. The zippers, for example, are nice and smooth, and the pockets are very large. They’ve become my everyday jackets. I have not washed them yet so I can’t tell how well they’ll hold up but at $17.99, I wouldn’t be too upset if they only lat two seasons. But based on the construction, I expect them to last for years.

Then explain the 0-3 month baby outfit. And no, we’re not having any more kids.

Which do you like better peak or cliff? And what’s the difference?

Of the two styles, I prefer the Peak. Not only are the colors more to my taste, but it also seems roomier. Plus the sleeves are adjustable because of the Velcro straps. The Cliff’s sleeves are merely elastic. My only complaint is that the Velcro straps don’t wrap far enough, making the openings a bit too large for me.

Hah … I addressed that issue even before you posted! Please see my previous post.

In addition to the differences I mentioned above, the pattern design is also different. The Peak is more subtle, almost like tone-on-tone. The Cliff has more contrasting colors, which I usually don’t like. Please see the photos in the description, especially the last two which shows the backs of each style. When I ordered, they only had Black/Black left in Peak. I’m very happy with it but had really wanted the Black/Grey version. Since it’s now in stock, I’m tempted to order one more.

Is this jacket unisex (men’s)? Doesn’t quite look like women’s sizing…

Please note that these are not mere windbreakers. While there is no filling, the jacket does have an inner lining which gives it some heft. It feels like microfiber, which feels great against the skin when I’m wearing a short sleeve t-shirt underneath. The lining also seems to dry quickly. I worked up quite a sweat today moving things. My t-shirt was soaked (and still a bit damp 1 hr later), but the jacket was completely dry within 15-30 mins.

These are Men’s jackets (see description) but there is nothing specifically masculine or unfeminine about them. I think a woman can wear them without raising any eyebrows.

I just received mine from the last time they were on here. “Softshell” is a horrible name for this jacket. It’s made of some stiff, thick, probably petroleum-based fabric. As almost everyone complained, it runs a size too large. The cut is not particularly fashionable. Like I posted on the previous woot, if it were on a rack for $18, I’d keep walking.

1. Stiff? It’s no stiffer than most lined jackets of its thickness and weight.
  2. Thick? Hardly. It has a unfilled liner, that’s it. And what does thickness have to do with whether it’s “softshell”?
  3. Petroleum-based? So what? It’s polyester, which is indeed artificial. But that has nothing to do with whether it’s soft. That depends on the weave. Microfiber, for example, is very soft. As is the polyester filling for pillows and coats.
  4. Too large? I read the Amazon and Woot reviews, and where you got “almost everyone complained,” is beyond me. Three or four complaints is hardly a lot, given how many jackets were sold, and some have appreciated how you can layer comfortably underneath. Sizing issues are inevitable in any clothing sale.
  5. Not fashionable? That opinion is singular, and many have actually said how attractive these are. Like several other buyers, I’ve actually received compliments. Regardless, that’s a pointless comment since it’s so subjective and you’ve provided no references, i.e. what exactly is a “fashionable cut” these days?

So about the sizing, do they run large? I have a large build with shorter arms, I’m thinking if they run large, (or long). an XL might be too big. But then again my neck probably won’t fit into a L. Any help?

Bought a cliff in Dec 2012, a year ago from today, and it’s held up great. It’s a great fall jacket. Regarding the sizes running large, I’ve found the opposite to be true. I bought an XL as that’s my normal size but the jacket is tighter than I would have liked. Went for a XXL this time. Also got a L for my brother in law for Xmas! These are a great value.

Can someone please let me know how water resistant it is? Would it work as a rain jacket? Looking for a light jacket for on the trail while backpacking but it needs to shed water. Help a Wooter out!