Fine Art For Grown-Up Walls

I got the Kandinsky with the circles last time. The quality is low in my opinion. The girlfriend, mind you she’s opinionated, thinks I should throw it out before I hang it up but it’s hanging anyway. The colors are not vibrant and although printed on canvas it’s just clearly evident that it’s printed on canvas. There is no illusion of depth.

We are so lucky we are still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It’s not dark and black and without character. The black is, in fact, deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blowing through the blueness and the blackness, the wind, swirling through the air and then shining, burning, bursting through… the stars! Can you see how they roar their light? Everywhere we look, the complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

I got Grimshaw’s Figure in the Moonlight last time it was here. The image had haunted me for some time, so I finally pulled the trigger. I could not be more pleased with the quality. I think it’s awesome! Well worth the price in my opinion.

Can anyone add to this wall? I’m still so confused on woot stuff.

Figure in the moonlight is the one that’s grabbed me, too, from before this sale, where I’d only seen it once, so it seems less known.

I was concerned about the quality - a recent Woot sale had those ‘hand painted in China’ reproductions that I was close to pulling the trigger on one, but they sold out (like most things I want to get on Woot nowadays).

The reviews here, one suggests not good quality, but the one about the painting I’d like is happy with it.

I would prefer the ‘actual painted’ to a print I suspect.

Should I be concerned about the misspelling of Kandinsky?

on here? no.

Well, I bought it, but it’s more than a week late from the latest delivery estimate and it’s not even shipped yet and no reply from Woot… hmm.

Sorry for the delay. I passed your info along. You should hear from someone soon.

I ordered one of these on Dec 19, but have not received any info on the product, when it will ship, etc. I’ve emailed support.

What happened?

No problems. As noted in the sale, these were made to order and would ship in 7-10 business days. With the holidays, we’re at about the 9th or 10th business day now.

They should be shipping out soon. Appreciate your patience.

I also ordered on Dec. 19th and the website says this hasn’t shipped yet. My credit card was charged on Dec. 20th. I didn’t see anything on the item description about “made to order” (and still don’t). I’m counting 11 business days from when I ordered – sure hope this comes soon. And isn’t it typical to wait till the order ships before charging?

In a typical retail where they have a warehouse full of stock, yes. Our model is that we buy only what we think we can sell in one day. Doesn’t always work that way but that’s the model. Therefore, you are charged immediately to reserve the item for you.

As I noted above, these are made to order and take a bit longer to ship out.

Thank you for your patience.

So when the hell are these going to ship

These art orders usually take longer than our standard 3-5 business days.
The tracking for these orders should be updating VERY SOON.

I would recommend that if you don’t see any tracking/movement by tomorrow, to write into support@woot.com and let them know.

My three prints arrived this morning – shipping information never did show up in Woot, and I never got an email shipping notice, but they’re here, and they look good. I’m a relatively happy camper again, and my only complaint is the lack of communication. Once I thought to use this message board, I got helpful information, but when I first became concerned, I used the Woot “support” link, and got an automated response saying, “sorry, we’re busy, we might get back to you in a week.” You can imagine how well that went over –

Sigh. Looks like the vendor is tardy in getting us the tracking file. I am glad you got them though!

Yes, they were late to ship, and yes, they are not paint on canvas. So what? They are great decorations, it’s lovely to be reminded of these great works of art that are in museums around the world, and, my wife and I love them. I wish Woot would bring them back, I would buy more. I gave them as Christmas gifts years ago, when I first got them, and everyone who received them was delighted.