Fire & Death

I completely agree with the write-up. Jackson is as subtle as using a sledgehammer to crack eggs, the directorial equivalent of the CAPS LOCK key. Someone needs to sit with him in the editing room and every time he wants to add yet another slow-motion reaction shot, bop him on the head with a wiffle bat and say, “Dear god, just stop!”

At first I thought I was just being a cranky LOTR-book nerd, but then I saw his version of King Kong. More dinosaurs! Bigger bugs! Crazier natives! More action sequences! MORE ACTION! I SAID MORE ACTION!! MOOOOOOOORE!!! Until the whole thing just seemed like a series of video-game levels.

If you like his films, hey, go enjoy them. Not me. I’m just hoping he stays away from The Silmarillion.

I’m going to go tthe other way. I would love it without the dragon and just the words.

I am Fire, I am Death.

I agree completely. Expressing your ridiculous false critic rants wont help business any. Keep your comments to yourself and close friends. What kind of idiot would post such a rant, about any subject, expecially on the product page. Whoever you are…be fired for the unprofessionalism. Shouldnt that section be dedicated to the artwork, rather than some idiots opinion about a couple of directors?

I’m not sure you see the write up for what it actually is.

Yes, yes, and more yes. As impossible as it truly is to capture the depth of any book (a tolkien book above all else) none of these directors have been remotely successful in translating the profound affects of literature onto the big screen. Fun movies? sure. genius beyond general public perceptions? Hell no.

Hey along that point what about the massacre of the chronicles of Narnia books? Peter Jackson did do the impossible with the LOTR trilogy, at least for the time. I am sure that the Hobbit translation to film would have been worse had he not stepped in. Maybe he could have saved Narnia from the bowels of “not another badly translated book or book series”.

finally! a cool shirt that isn’t black!

A masterfull illustration, Patrick! This will look amazing printed.

I wouldn’t try getting past TSA wearing it!

Wow. Making money off someone else’s licensed intellectual property AND using it as a platform to bash them. Real real nice.

The idea is fine, and I would, I really would (just because I love dragons), but it’s a brown shirt… Yuck

Bought immediately. I am happy. :slight_smile:

Great looking shirt! In for one.

What is up with TAX?? {Insert rant here}

I like the books rendition with him proudly exclaiming his greatness “My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane and my breath death”

You DO realize it’s not Jackson’s IP either, right?

Love the design, but I’m not going to wear a brown shirt… would have been a must-buy in black.

If you make this a poster, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Or a bumper sticker. Or anything but a shirt.
I need no more shirts, but I need this design.
Please please please.

If this were a book cover, I’d be flipping through the pages. Classic.

eed to first woot: 1m 31.665s
First sucker:fiachra
Last wooter to woot:mprcd
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 1374
First day posts 37
Votes 214

The write up was a bit harsh to be sure. Honesty is refreshing. Not saying I agree with it or not.

That being said…I have no idea why you pointed out just Fox. All of the major news stations are guilty of this as well. Not just the only conservative one haha.