Fire and Ice

Thought this was a Mass Effect 3 ending shirt.

I have been studying them since I was 8 and my Grandfather gave me a few documentaries and books on the subjects revolving around their civilization. Before the bandwagon was to deny and call everyone a lunatic. Then the experts moved away from the world “ending” to the world ending a cycle, era or even epoch. Age of Aquarius, right? Then there was a void as everyone moved from the doomsday scenario. Now the bandwagon heads in the direction of half promoting doomsday and the other half taking a more practical and down to Earth view, as to quell the masses excitement! :smiley: But the enthusiasts have once again moved on to a more scientific and practical viewpoint. As 12/21/2012 is Winter Solstice, and the sun will literally be in the center of the galaxy. Many now have settled on it being a space event, having to do with the many integrated cycles of the sun, coinciding with Earth’s magnetic cycles, and some kind of mathematical awesomeness will occur as well with the sun reaching the center of the Milky Way. The prediction is that the influx of energy, or a dramatic change in the magnetic field will cause a shift or unlocking of our DNA, unlocking a new and vast consciousness that will propel us into a new age. They also say it can affect our pineal gland, and all those fancy little hormone and neurotransmitter producing glands. We’ll see! The calendar is like many gears within larger gears. Many smaller cycles end all the time. This one on 2012 just happens to be the outside “gear” and is the longest cycle on their calendar. Who knows, I’m not expecting fireworks, but this is the universe we are talking about, stranger things have happened!

A little off topic, but still fun. As long as Earth doesn’t wind up like the planet on this shirt. I think we’ll do just fine.

Did you just ruin the ending for me? :-/

I just started playing today :smiley:

ahhh man I hope the how do I love thee bunnies print tomorrow!!! I want that so bad aghhh…Those chubby cheeks just kill me! :heart:

Is the bit describing the color a Doctor Who reference? Or is that just me…

I, too, immediately thought of Portal when I saw the shirt in thumbnail…

Not to mention that the Mayans had no concept of “Leap Year” - their 2012 ended like 7 months ago. Sorry doomsayers, you forgot about basic math…

“We’re like fire and ice, takin’ over the whole wooorld!” - Shy Ronnie and Rihanna

Interstellar travellers take note, it’s hard to get comfortable on this planet. Sure you can avoid the ice and the fire if you’re smart, but the goldilocks zone is in permanent darkness. Remember to pack flashlight batteries.

Fodor’s Guide: ***

Has anyone mentioned a certain Pat Benatar song? Its lack of mention is tearing me apart, like fire and ice.

Um, the sun will be no where near the center of the galaxy for billions of years. As you can see you are thousands of light-years from the center.

http://spaceyuga.com/wp-content/uploads/sunlocation-galaxy.jpg

I don’t know if the 2012 prediction is right, but my prediction is that if the world doesn’t end then, 9 months later we are going to have a serious spurt in the population- lol.

I’ve been really into Norse mythology lately, so when I saw this I thought of the world being made from fire and ice.

This is only the second Woot! shirt I’ve bought. The last one was “Change Comes to All” back in 2010.

Finally! We can wear this shirt to raise awareness of the conditions on Ryloth!

I’d hate to see the price of real estate on the equator.

I was thinking this was more like Crematoria; I can almost see Riddick running from the sun.

Beautiful shirt, kind of depressing (but still funny) write up. And the first shirt that might tempt me to brave the new blanks…

Thanks a lot Wooters! I’ll be celebrating today at the beach! Hope it’s not too cold or too hot out there… No pun intended :slight_smile:

I love reading each comment, keep posting them!

Very nice shirt, indeed.

I wanted to get one, but since I am in Canada I pay 5$ for the shipping. I bought “The Tyger” just before midnight, so I asked Woot if they would ship both together. That was less than an hour after the other purchase so I don’t think it’s asking for a “big favor”. They said NO! I’ve had orders with two shirts (one design) shipped in one envelope, so obviously that’s not an issue. If I was in the US I wouldn’t care since shipping is free.

I am sorry, but I am not paying another 5$. As it stands, Woot is loosing a purchase that wouldn’t cost them any extra. I think there should be some leeway there for international purchases, since we’re paying 17$ for a shirt now. I don’t see how my request is different from when someone buys only 1 of something and then later asks woot to change it to 2 or 3 of. We see that all the time.

The write up on this one is really one of my favorites I’ve seen. I love it.

Congrats Omar! Awesome to see an artist with your style gaining the popularity it deserves!

I wonder how many of you GUYS realize the poem is also used by the Twilight books/movies… Edward (Ice) v. Jacob(fire)… lol