Fire Sense 46,000 BTU Patio Heater, Black

**Item: **Fire Sense 46,000 BTU Patio Heater, Black
Price: $119.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Fire Sense 46,000 BTU Patio Heater, Black)

[Search Google](Google Sense 46,000 BTU Patio Heater, Black)

Hot and cold reviews (2.8 out of 5.0) over at amazon

These are hot!

Let’s learn all about firesense.com

I’ve seen this heater in action in restaurants in Florida, New Orleans and mostly in San Diego, CA. and they actually work great. In most of these areas it could get down into the 50’s during a summer night. Here in NJ, we can extend the use of our patio by at least 4 to 5 weeks. This heater is for us!

46,000 BTU’s? Your neighbors will love you as they can turn down their thermostats while you heat a half mile perimeter!

This specific brand or these types of heaters? I’m sure most of us have seen these types of heaters and know they work. I may be in for one as well.

I’d be very interested in the natural gas version… Too bad this is lp only :frowning:

Not sure what’s up with those reviews. The bronze version of this is the top patio heater on amazon.

Fire Sense Hammer Tone Bronze Commercial Patio Heater
http://amzn.com/B004S35X02

I just bought one and while the build quality isn’t amazing, it puts out a ton of heat and this is a great price for one.

I used mine for a party on my deck on a cool night. We ended up having to turn it down because it got so hot.

Are there restrictions on where you can use this? For example, can it be safely used on wood or composite decks? Can it be used on a an open porch with a high roof or is it restricted to open patios only? If it can be on porches, is there a height minimum?

I wouldn’t use it next to a turkey fryer.

These are wonderful! We have three and it makes it so we can entertain outside even in the dead of winter in Las Vegas. And it gets mighty cold in the desert. I wish I had a reason to buy another because this is a great price

We use it on our wood deck, we even use it directly under our palapa, and it touches the reed and the reed never gets hot. This would be one of the best things you ever bought from woot.

Don’t know for sure if this was the brand I saw in the restaurants I visited. I would assume that most or many of them were, as they appear very much like this particular heater. I did ask one of the waiters in a Fla. restaurant about the heaters they had and he told me they were made by a European firm and cost well over 1K. This particular heater looked nothing like the Fire Sense which we are looking at.

I’m going to go to a local Lowes or Home Depot today to get a closer look at this Fire Sense heater, as they stock and sell them. I’ve read some negative reports about the general build of the heater on Amazon and want to see one first hand before I place my order.

To add to my previous post, I telephoned my local Lowes store and spoke to the person with whom I usually deal. this is how it is, so get ready for a mixed bag…

First of all, the price we are getting here is really low, as the price for the same unit at Lowes is about $225 and the sales of the line are fairly brisk. That’s where the good news ends. The bad news is that the returns are also fairly brisk. Many of the reasons for return is similar and that is with the build or design of the unit. Most frequent complaint is that the unit seems wobbly and unsafe or built out of line (does not seem to stand straight). I’ll need to ponder this and decide whether or not to buy.