Fire tablet registration

Need help. Just purchased the refurbished fire tablet 8, woot deal this past Saturday. I received the tablet yesterday. Was unable to register it. Called amazon gave them the serial number told me it was reported lost or stolen, that I need to contact woot. I emailed woot customer support.

Got the following reply.
“For security reasons, we are unable to take action unless the request comes from the e-mail address associated with your Woot account.
You can update your e-mail address online by selecting Your Account and clicking Change Account Settings.”

I sent the msg through the woot app. I use my amazon login. I received the email to the same email I got the notification that the tablet shipped.

This had been a very frustrating experience. Especially explain to the amazon employee I legally purchased the tablet. That I can’t use my tablet properly. Please help!!!:pensive:

Hi there. Sorry for the frustration. We will get you taken care of. Let me chat with CS.

Thank you ThunderThighs.

I received the following msg:
“To help with this, In this situation I’ve got two options for you:

1. You can return the product for a full refund and for this we take the responsibility of getting the product returned free of cost.
  2. We can send you an immediate replacement.”

I requested option number 2, was instructed to return the tablet. I now have to purchase a box and go to a UPS store. I don’t think it’s fair I have to do all this since I was sent a tablet that cannot be registered. It’s difficult for me to make it the UPS store. I informed the coustmer rep, recivied the following reply.

“We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to you.

You may still return the item as we’ve sent you a replacement. You’ll soon receive the tracking details once the item is shipped out.

We understand that this might be frustrating, but unfortunately we may not be able to offer any additional help at this moment as a replacement has already been created.

Your understanding and patience with us is greatly appreciated.”

Wait until you get the replacement. Stick the original in the replacement’s box and ship that. Woot should provide a return label for you, stick that on the box. Then you can drop said box at a UPS store, Staples (that has ups shipping) or any other pack and ship store that has UPS Shipping. It is a bit of a hassle to drop it off, however, if you’d bought it at a walmart/best buy/ etc, you’d be driving back to that store for the return. Hopefully the replacement wasn’t stolen as well. Good luck

edit: take extra care not to mix up the old and replacement tablets.

Hi there. I understand the frustration. We do need the other tablet back though. As noted below, you can use the box from the replacement tablet. We provide a shipping label so there’s no cost to you.

Many stores will ship UPS such as Office Depot, Staples, any mail store/center. It doesn’t have to be a UPS facility.

Edit: I found it need to see if it registers.

Lmao. one of my boxes was empty except for a charger. It didn’t contain a packing slip. I wonder if that was my Fire tablet. Email says tablet was delivered. Little busy to investigate atm.

Blargh. Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I had an appointment that I wasn’t ready for and it was hidden. Oops.

Untitled%20Masterpiece

Also I got the infamous registration error but I think my kindle was a 1 off for the stream so I don’t think it’s getting replaced.

1 Like

Your diagram is fantastic. Have you considered making instruction manuals?

Maybe not good enough for private sector. I could definitely make government agency manuals.

2 Likes

You certainly couldn’t do any worse than what’s already out there.

1 Like

I did find it, but I got the infamous registration error.