Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote

Oops just saw this

Yes. Truth. Even amazon admits this. Need a higher high speed or be close to the wifi, or an amazing connection.

Can this REALLY be returned and in what length of time?

step by step instructions on youtube

I have the original and have found it highly useful. For those with signal issues, the biggest thing I’ve found is to make sure your setup doesn’t put the TV screen between the stick and your router. The screen seems to make a nice shield against wifi.

I have a 3’ extension HDMI cable that allows my stick to hang below the screen to give me a better “line of sight” to my wifi. It’s worked pretty much flawlessly for Amazon, Netflix, and HBO Now.

Wow ! Everything so complicated. Really bad for the folks who are not detailed and or technically oriented - like me :(.
Anyway Amazon has the Amazon Fire for 85.00 - does this equipment experience the wi fi connection difficulties as this stick does please?

We have owned our Amazon Fire Stick for a year. Honestly, it does not work as well as the Roku 2 it replaced. It does require a PERFECT WiFi signal. In fact, ours is less than 25 feet from our Asus RT-N66U router (a very good router), with one wall between, and it still sometimes complains about the connection. Some applications are buggy (like HGTV) but all-in-all, we put up with it because it gives easy access to Amazon Prime programming.

Your hard-wired, into-the-home speeds have nothing to do with wifi performance. It becomes more complicated with home topology, number of floors, walls, etc, and especially the strength of your wifi source (assuming it’s your cableco’s router).

Adding a repeater or separate router into the mix will generally clear up these issues, but be careful about saying “internet speed” as it pertains to wifi. They are really different things.

They ought to pay YOU to use it considering all of the behavior data they’re going to steal off that mic in your living room.

Is it possible to pair this remote with Echo?

Bought it for specifically Playstation Vue. Works decent enough for the most part. Router is on the opposite side of the wall and occasionally get buffering issues. My biggest complaint in the 2 months I’ve had it is 4 times while watching Vue the stick crashed hard. Not sure what is causing it exactly.

This may seem like a silly question but do I set up the stick through my computer or plug it into my tv and set it up, which is easier?

Our return policy is linked in my signature.

This has a one-year warranty with Amazon so if you have technical issues, you’ll be able to work with them to resolve it.

You can use it sort of like a echo remote. In other words, you can use it to communicate with your Echo or Dot but it just relays your voice. You can purchase an Echo remote for the same effect.

We own both the stick and the regular Fire TV box since they came out. Both are fairly far away from the router (ASUS RT-AC68W never drops any device, unlike the router it replaced which needed to be restarted daily), on the other side of the house on a different level, but the stick has one additional wall to go through. The box never has any issues, the stick did, until I used a small extension to get it a little away from the TV - which is why the box never has issues, it sits below the TV anyways. At one point I put a notebook between the stick and the TV so I could angle the stick away instead of just hanging down, and that helped quite a bit too.

The Fire Stick does not do 4K but the 4K Fire TV box does.

Here is an example of cutting the cord: What is your cable bill right now and what is your internet service going to cost without the cable TV package? This difference is where you will/won’t save money because you will obviously need internet service to get a lot of the stuff you are probably interested in. Netflix Premium (4K content available) $11.99 + Amazon Prime $8.25 (4K content available) + Hulu Premium (no commercials - worth it) $11.99 (or $7.99 with commercials) + an HD antenna for free over the air local channels in 4K. That gets you to $32.23 plus your internet service.

You can also use Network TV apps and premium apps (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax etc) to fill in some blanks if you have family members who will be keeping cable TV service(after all they are visiting your house watching the same shows you like, right?). Plus a lot of the TV apps still have content available even without a cable subscription.

The Fire TV box has ethernet so you can plug in for best results. If you are going to go the Fire TV box route be sure to get the 4K box. If you do not use Amazon Prime consider the nVidia Shield TV box (4K) or the Roku4 box (4K) as options (Amazon Prime works on the Roku btw).

You can also use your phone or a tablet to check your wifi signal strength behind your TV if you want to get one of the wifi only sticks.

Does the Fire TV Stick have a time Warner Cable Ap yet?? Would be in for one if I could get rid of the cable box.

Nope (on the real good wifi), have to agree with the other opinion. We have U-verse 18/1.5, we only use the stock router we got from AT&T, our house is an older home with thick plaster/metal lathe walls, and we experience no buffering issues. We move the stick between rooms, one of the rooms has several walls between the stick and the TV and the rooms gets a decent, but not great, wifi signal on phones/laptops/etc…

I actually was expecting it not to work that well in the furthest room and was surprised at how well it works.

Don’t know about the stick. The fire box is pretty solid on a shaky interweb connection.

Why are all the sales I want just before payday :frowning:

Agree. I have mine in a detached garage that is about 30 feet from my router, which is next to the window closest to the garage. My wifi is hit and miss out there with all of my devices, and this is the most touchy. However, I will say that when it is behaving I have been able to stream entire movies on either Netflix or Amazon without a hiccup. Other times I can’t even get the home screen. This is more touchy than my Vizio smart TVs I use further from my router in other places in the house. But I love all the features, especially the music.